Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How am I still so tired?!
RE: How am I still so tired?!
I don't have a background in all you are going through, but the first thing I thought of is a lack of REM sleep. I know that when I don't get into full REM, my AHI can be really good but my sleep is really bad and I feel lousy. Over the years, if I don't sleep well my apnea numbers might be stellar but I really didn't get any sleep.

During my last sleep study I only had 45 minutes of REM sleep the entire night. I just couldn't fall asleep. It was my fault because I did the first half my titration with a new mask and purposely didn't use my collar that I had been for 5 years so I could get the real numbers. My AHI was .3 for the night so AHI doesn't mean real sleep.

I hate to use Dr. Google, but I did find something called REM Sleep Behavior Disorder that sounds like some of what you describe. You may want to look it up and also talk to your doctor if you feel it might apply to you.

John
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2019, 12:46 PM)Davidacarrick Wrote: How can I possibly be still so tired after being on APAP for 6 months now and my AHI has gone from 25 to usually between 0.1 and 0.5!!!

I’m using a Resmed AirSense 10 Auto, humidifier with climate line hose and Resmed F20 full face mask and get a really good seal.

I have bipolar disorder so I take sodium valproate at 500mg 3 times a day and venlafaxine 225mg prolonged release in a morning.

So when I go to bed I’m pretty sure I have Restless leg....during the night my dreams are wild and I mean if I could write a book about them I’d be a best selling author....I act out my dreams, make noises, kick out etc, I’ve even been known to be humping my bed in my sleep and make a lot of noise and I’m ashamed to say it but not sure if I sweat excessively or my sheets are soaked by other means.

My daytime sleepiness is ridiculous and I pretty much sleep everyday during the day but think this is because at the moment I’m absent from my work. 

I do have a lot of stress underlying at present and usually wake up during the night at 3am every night for a good while before I go back to sleep where I sit on my phone. I know I shouldn’t use my phone but hey ho!
Hi, David
It looks to me, quite straitforeward, you would one more case of untreated UARS-PLMS.
First thing in such cases, It would be worked out FL/RERA's (flagged+ unflagged), and see, later on, How to tackle PLMS (should It remain). I am afraid
From the point you are, further improvement, would depend on moving to BPAP.
You might want to see my posts on this here:
Good luck

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...the-Answer
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, so had a read through things that have been written and the venlafaxine has been changed recently to prolonged release so that I only take it in the morning rather than 3 times a day and just before bed. I’ve had these dream for as long as I can remember to be honest been going on a long time
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a thought wild EPR setting effect
Minute volume? I currently have it set to on and level 3
Post Reply Post Reply
I don’t have the expertise to comment on your tidal volume, respiration rate, or minute ventilation, but to help the experts who do, could you tell us your height and weight?
Post Reply Post Reply
6ft 5 and 300lbs or 22 stone so overweight but not excessively
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2019, 02:56 PM)Davidacarrick Wrote: Thanks, so had a read through things that have been written and the venlafaxine has been changed recently to prolonged release so that I only take it in the morning rather than 3 times a day and just before bed. I’ve had these dream for as long as I can remember to be honest been going on a long time

hi, david
as an UARS-PLMS, have your ever think depression, and such, could be just syntoms caused by this serious impairment?
Wonder if already read Dr. Steven Park's book. sleep interrupted? if not, I would strongly suggest....

all the best
Post Reply Post Reply
fyi, fwiw, a correction: in post #10 I referred to polysomnia. I believe the correct term is parasomnia.
Post Reply Post Reply
No worries I knew what you meant! Haha
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 173 8 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 164 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,958 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 174 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 130 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 256 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  Low AHI but sooo tired status9xx 2 255 03-05-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.