Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How can I get a quality mask if I live outside NA?
How can I get a quality mask if I live outside NA?
I live in Israel, which has robber baron prices for medical equipment. A mask costs like a CPAP machine in the US, and a machine costs like a used car in the US. I am talking 450$ for a Dreamwear mask and 230$ for humidifier.

I was told by my DR that I need a full face mask and not a nasal mask. Well I have a dreamwear - just buy a cushion of full face and be done with it no? Well no. I was first told by the saleswoman its "impossible" and "modular cushions don't exist". After alot of convincing she took a dreamwear from the warehouse, tried attaching a cushion to it and it fit. She said "well you learn something new every day. But I still can't sell you a cushion cause I will have to destroy a mask kit for it."

Isn't the entire damn point of a modular frame is to not need 3 masks for 3 use cases? Just pop a cushion and be done with it. But she told me (they are official importer of Respironics) they get cushions with mask and if she sells me a cushion, she needs to throw the frame and headgear to the trash.

I caved and tried to order a full face cushion from [Commercial Link Removed] Supplier #1 with a shipping price that exceeds the items price. But they told me they can't ship Resmed, Respironics or Inogen outside the US.

Sorry for ranting but why in seven hells is getting essential medical equipment such a pain in the ass? I have reached the point of willing to throw money at people but I still get no help. I'd rather choke to death than buy an entire new dreamwear for a cushion that costs 49 USD! Sure I can order something other than ResMed or Respironics, but they are the most used brands. Even my DR struggles to support me cause I use Weinmann machine. I want to use the quality brands everyone uses to make it easier for me to get support. 

Do you have any advice? It feels that if you live outside the US you might as well crumble up and choke with some crappy Chineese crapware.

-----
Moderator Action: Commercial Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How can I get a quality mask if I live outside NA?
I have had very good luck with a Fisher & Paykel Simplus.  I tried this mask after reading a number of posters here reporting positive experience with it.  I also own a F&P Vitera, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.  F&P is a New Zealand company - their pricing might be different in Israel.

As always, what works for one may not work for another.  Good luck on your journey.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2020, 11:25 PM)becker44a Wrote: I have had very good luck with a Fisher & Paykel Simplus.  I tried this mask after reading a number of posters here reporting positive experience with it.  I also own a F&P Vitera, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.  F&P is a New Zealand company - their pricing might be different in Israel.

As always, what works for one may not work for another.  Good luck on your journey.

Thank you. Which specific model? I need a full face for my use case.
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #33 is pretty good with international shipping. They used to be an Amazon seller.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2020, 10:28 AM)NoddingHacke Wrote: Thank you. Which specific model? I need a full face for my use case.

Hi NoddingHacker,
The Simplus is a Full-Face style only.  I found a Simplus .pdf sizing template document on an online supplier's site. After measuring, I ordered a size Large, which has worked well.  The Vitera mask is also a Full-face style, and the sizing matches the Simplus sizing.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,649 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Poor Sleep Quality/ Respiratory Rates flyingg103 3 251 02-29-2024, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Poor sleep quality and how it affects you p123 6 875 02-01-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: glenncol
  Poor sleep quality because of CA events? Hypoxic 20 1,209 12-20-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 8 624 12-19-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Diagnosis] Excellent AHI, poor sleep quality --> palatal prolapse? aquamike 5 853 12-18-2023, 10:04 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] Could anyone help with my recent poor quality of sleep? invainn 5 541 12-16-2023, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.