Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How come my apnea is less in drier climates like Las Vegas?
How come my apnea is less in drier climates like Las Vegas?
Hi all,
I was just in Las Vegas for several months since my family has a second home there. While there I noticed that my apnea seems to be several points less. And my parents said my snoring was much quieter there too. Is it because drier climates like Las Vegas or Nevada reduce apnea? Has that been known to happen? I know certain ailments are improved in desert climates, like arthritis for example. Is that known to be true of apnea too? If so, don't sleep apnea sufferers tend to move to drier climates rather than humid climates?

Anyone else notice this too or have experience with it?

Thanks,
Winston
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How come my apnea is less in drier climates like Las Vegas?
Funny, it was in Las Vegas that I was told how badly I stopped breathing during my sleep. I was in for a sleep study once back home.
I only give suggestions from experience as a fellow CPAP user, not professional advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How come my apnea is less in drier climates like Las Vegas?
I'm not an expert, but I suspect you have congestion due to an allergy. You might be allergic to mold or mildew or something else that is less common in a dry climate.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,160 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  Central Apnea or Obstructive Apnea GoodSleepHunting 0 1,007 03-01-2023, 11:15 AM
Last Post: GoodSleepHunting
  Self-Treating Sleep Apnea | First Night with CPAP = 0,87 AHI | Central Apnea? Dumdi 22 3,392 08-02-2022, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Dumdi
  Apnea mystery: Cycles of normal, healthy sleep and apnea 'flare-up' periods lazysunday 9 1,584 12-17-2021, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Zackio
  Apnea statistics question, how tightly controlled is your apnea? happydreams 24 2,850 06-13-2021, 04:38 AM
Last Post: ICEMAN
  New to Sleep Apnea (central Apnea) cyipher 17 1,888 05-18-2021, 10:52 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.