Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How do you cry with a mask on and the pressure forces you to "suck it up"?
How do you cry with a mask on and the pressure forces you to "suck it up"?
My title pretty much describes the problem. At a grieving moment in the middle of the night, short of suffocating because the pressure takes over and nasal fluids are totally headed out in the wrong direction, the only thing I seem to be able to do is to whip off the mask so I can get a good breath. Using my P10 doesn't seem to help, either: it aggressively tries to blow air against the flow.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How do you cry with a mask on and the pressure forces you to "suck it up"?
Sometimes you just have to spend the night without the mask.

When I get a cold or other sinus issues, a decongestant at night will help me sleep until it wears off and my head plugs up again. I don't use a FF mask, so when my sinuses give me trouble I can't do anything other than breathe through my mouth, and that means my mask won't help at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
I cannot offer advice on the equipment with this situation, I can only keep you and what troubles you are experiencing in my thoughts and prayers and hope that you find comfort not only for sleeping purposes but also for your well being.

I wish you peace my friend.
Post Reply Post Reply
Half Asleep, I'm really sorry to hear you are in this position. Crying and sleeping are not really compatible activities, so if you are grieving and crying for a lost one, put your machine aside for a night or two if you have to. Once you feel emotionally strong enough, then you can go back to the mask - but try not to leave it too long.
Post Reply Post Reply
HalfAsleep, I'm so sorry you are going through that. For me, it didn't seem to be a problem crying (sobbing) and using the SimPlus FFM mask at the same time, but each person is different, and I'm sure taking it off in this situation wouldn't be such a big deal. Taking care of yourself includes more than just compliance. Hugs are available and being sent your way, if you'd like them.
Post Reply Post Reply
((( <3  )))
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with others above, put off the mask for a night or two. Go through the grieving process then grab the mask again.

Here's to hoping (with prayers too) you get through this as soon as possible.

Dave B
Coffee lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Y'all are so sweet.

Sometimes I think it would work way better if the CPAP had a reverse switch with attachable receptacle, and you could get briefly suctioned out. Then get on with your night per normal.
Post Reply Post Reply
Money 
Hmm, we could market this as the CVAC maybe.

Again, best wishes to all this weekend and for a great and safe Christmas and New Year's holidays.

Dave B Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 527 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Do mask types affect xpaps rise in eye pressure? Happyeyes 4 364 01-12-2024, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Mask for High Pressure on ASV PamVT41 8 547 12-16-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,647 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Mask pressure wave form with obstructive events jaredihnen 6 451 12-07-2023, 04:10 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 925 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  New Full Face Mask- Flow and Pressure Rise acruisertoo 8 807 08-06-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: acruisertoo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.