Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How do you store your CPAP mask?
How do you store your CPAP mask?
Wondering how you all store your CPAP mask each day when you're not using it.

I've gotten into the habit of disconnecting the mask cushion, wiping it down inside and out each morning with a CPAP cleaning wipe, then snapping it back on and draping the hose across the machine, with the mask resting face down on my bedside table.  Between the abundant Arizona dust and shedding dog hair, I'm thinking there might be a better way.

So, what do you do?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How do you store your CPAP mask?
I tuck it behind my pillow or drape it off the side of the bed. My primary thoughts are: having it upside down, so any lingering water can dump out (a walk the tightrope of avoiding rainout), and also having it not prominently available to my curious dogs.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2019, 03:18 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: I tuck it behind my pillow or drape it off the side of the bed.  My primary thoughts are: having it upside down, so any lingering water can dump out (a walk the tightrope of avoiding rainout), and also having it not prominently available to my curious dogs.

I think it's a good idea to leave the mask in a position that air can freely circulate through it. Any moisture is more likely to dissipate through evaporation than by draining. After cleaning I usually just hang the mask by draping the attached headgear over a post in my headboard. This allows for good air circulation and keeps it away from dirt and dust. Bob
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm currently using a ResMed AirFit F30 mask. I was using an AirFit F20. I simply hang it on a "J" hook on the wall, just above and off to the side of my bedside stand. 

The J hook gets inserted into the hose opening of the mask. That way, the straps don't have a load on them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Usually just hung over the headboard. Or left on the unmade bed. Or on the floor between the bed and nightstand if it happens to fall off. No big whoop.

Don't overthink it.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
It hangs from one of these, then the hose doubles back so as to lay the mask gently atop the CPAP machine on the nightstand.
Post Reply Post Reply
My machine sits right next to the mattress, but on the night stand.  When I awaken, the hose and headgear are draped behind the machine with the headgear mostly sitting between the machine and the wall.  The machine will continue to flush the hose and filter with air for a while after it is turned off.  Mine are dry anyway since my humidity is turned down to the lowest level.
Post Reply Post Reply
i leave it somewhere on the bed so i can find it later in the night, i dont remember really well where I put it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I unplug the hose and drape it over the closet rod. I remove the water reservoir and dump it to keep everything dry.
Post Reply Post Reply
I toss it on the bed after washing it out.
I don't attach it to the headgear until I'm ready to retire.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 299 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 343 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 260 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  New CPAP User - f30i Mask Troubles CcReesezzzzz01 6 825 01-31-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: CcReesezzzzz01
  [CPAP] Significant noise from mask since change of CPAP machine! SwissTruffle 7 702 01-03-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  New to cpap (Need help with mask selection) Jose Castro 1 355 10-18-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.