Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How does Aloha Nasal Pillows Mask and AirFit P10 Mask compare?

I am looking for a new mask.. and I am having problems deciding.

Presently I am using a Respironics WISP Nasal Mask and I also have used a ResMed Swift FX. The FX I found would leak often at the nostrils, and would keep waking me up.

How are these two masks for seal and comfort?

Thanks...

Newbie...Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How does Aloha Nasal Pillows Mask and AirFit P10 Mask compare?
Hi Hun,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I haven't tried either of those masks, but hang in there for answers to your question and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been doing some homework on these types of masks and along with the AirFit P10, I hear the Nuance Pro is very good as well. So just thought you might like to add that one to your list, it can't hurt.
On this site I have heard excellent reviews for the AirFit P10.
Good luck in finding a new mask that suits you.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't compare the two as I haven't tried the Aloha, but I have been very happy with the AirFit P10 so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2014, 12:41 AM)eviltim Wrote: I can't compare the two as I haven't tried the Aloha, but I have been very happy with the AirFit P10 so far.

I have had mixed results with ResMed Swift FX, how much different is the AirFit P10? I find I get leaks at the nostrils with it, and it keeps waking me up.

Funny they produce round seals.. I think our noses are more like upside down Ds... I would think that would seal better...Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
I still use the Aloha. I was going to try the Airfit P10 but it looks too close to the eyes. Before the Aloha, I wore the swift FX and it was good, but leaked on me and the Aloha just seems to fit better. It adjusts itself if you move around a lot, the prong thing is genius. I need a mask that sits away from my eyes or it just bothers me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2014, 10:23 PM)Hun Wrote:
(03-14-2014, 12:41 AM)eviltim Wrote: I can't compare the two as I haven't tried the Aloha, but I have been very happy with the AirFit P10 so far.

I have had mixed results with ResMed Swift FX, how much different is the AirFit P10? I find I get leaks at the nostrils with it, and it keeps waking me up.

Funny they produce round seals.. I think our noses are more like upside down Ds... I would think that would seal better...Huh

IMO, the Swift FX has much better headgear, but the exhaust vent is the loudest of any mask I've tried.

The P10 is quiet, but no matter how I arrange the headgear it's just too tight. Leaks aren't a problem for me with either one.

Both hurt my nostrils, the P10 more so because of the strap tightness.

Going to go for broke and try the Wisp. If that fails it's back to my FFM, which I'm beginning to hate.
Post Reply Post Reply
In what way is the Airfit P10 "close to the eyes", must less "too close"?

It never comes up a bit above the bottom of the nose. It's got nasal pillows so it really MUST touch the bottom of the nose.

I can scratch the entire upper/outer surface of my nose without even touching the P10.

I can get under the tip and touch most of the underneath/external surface.

You can even get UNDER the plate above the upper lip and touch the REAR underside of the nose if you hold it in place.

I am sympathetic to anyone where the P10 head gear doesn't fit -- since it fits me, this mask is a whisker away from perfect.

About a much discomfort as a band-aid or loose t-shirt -- heck, my t-shirt occasionally gets stuck under me causing more trouble than the P10 does on the whole.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2014, 10:23 PM)Hun Wrote:

I didn't have huge leak problems with the Swift FX myself (though I wear a chinstrap). But my leaks are better than they were with the Swift FX. It does have a slightly different nose piece (hard plastic backing) as well as a different style of headgear that you may or may not prefer. For me, its basically an improvement over the Swift FX in every way.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Cannot keep the mask on stelljesjulius 7 128 1 hour ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Hybrid Masks more comfortable than over the nose FF mask? sleepingbetterinFl 1 53 10 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 10 16,968 Today, 10:13 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 10 1,818 04-16-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 3 218 04-15-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Finding the Correct Mask snpperhd 6 153 04-13-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: snpperhd
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 993 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.