Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How long do Resmed Airsense 10s last?
How long do Resmed Airsense 10s last?
I just got a new machine from DME and medicare. My AS10 auto set is maybe 10 years old with 15,000 hours.
I heard that the best way to see if you need CPAP is try it. It seems this would be good for that given the autoset.

I imagine if this dies it is not worth repairing.
I do not want to shaft anyone if I sell it.

I found this thread already.
https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...-a-machine
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How long do Resmed Airsense 10s last?
Really the only thing that usually goes bad is the bearings in the motor. You can get a new motor replaced for $220. Plus they reset the hrs to zero. It would be a good back up machine.
See Supplier #28 I just recently sent one in for repair to #28.
Post Reply Post Reply
iirc it will start giving a warning about the motor reaching end of life at 25k hours. they are rated for 30k hours but will work for much longer.

i'm not sure a machine is a great way to see if you need CPAP since it can't tell you how you would do without cpap.. it only tells you how you're doing while on therapy.

you could sell it to a company to refurbish it. or sell it cheap, it's not hard to replace the motor. but i believe it's technically illegal to resell a medical device without a prescription in the US, but i'm just some European. as long as you make it clear it has 15k hours on it i don't think you'd be shafting anyone.

but it's also nice to have a backup. i believe Supplier #2 buys and refurbs machine, if they don't have too many.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can buy a replacement S10 motor online for around a hundred dollars, and it's not that difficult to replace it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Equipment] 1st Post: 7 Yr w/Resmed Airsense 10, now not rested 3 nights w/new 11 HappyAPAPerSince2017 6 480 06-12-2024, 04:09 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 84 34,121 06-11-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: Westerj
  Should "new" ResMed AirSense 11 smell like lavender? FaceOnMars 22 3,600 06-06-2024, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Peaches
  Resmed AirSense 10 AutoSet question. Big Guy 29 744 06-04-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  MaxOak & Resmed Airsense 10 Won't connect acc 3 202 05-25-2024, 01:04 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 88 30,155 05-18-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  ResMed airsense 11 strong odor RockyBob 3 285 05-16-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: RockyBob

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.