Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How often do you review your data?
RE: How often do you review your data?
Like most have said, I looked at my data almost daily in the first few month and then dropped off to weekly or two within the second half of the first year. Now that I think I am more comfortable and knowledgeable about my condition and the use of the machine I look every few months or when I feel unwell and need confirmation things are not careering out of control.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
For the first year I reviewed my data with SleepyHead every day. I check the cpap machine display every morning now and load my data into OSCAR once a week or if I see something unusual on the machine’s display I want more detail on.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hadn't looked at Sleepyhead for 186 days... Sad
Lately I haven't felt as good.

I checked with OSCAR and found my issue of mouthbeathing has become worse.

I also realized my mask was almost a year old.

I bought a new mask, identical to the old one . (Compared the two. Lots of stretching in the headgear. nose insert in the N20 looks different somehow.)

the new mask leaked badly

I diagnosed this with OSCAR.

I used the fit gauge that comes with the mask and it's too large.

My DME exchanged my brand new purchased mask,. I tried the loaner medium for 5 days, returned it and came home with a brand new MEDIUM N20.

Checking OSCAR regularly will improve my OSA treatment.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe every year or two.

Unless you are having trouble or trying to adjust pressures on a fixed CPAP, I don't consider them to be of any real value. For the most part, I think all the fuss over data is silly.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
I think detailed daily data is automatically overwritten on my ResMed SD card every 30 days, but the summary data is retained on the SD card for a year (or possibly longer).  For that reason I download detailed data at least once every 30 days, but I no longer scrutinize the daily details very often.

Please correct me if my understanding is incorrect.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had to push the doctor for a data capable machine.  Ended up with a ResMed 9.
Initially I checked the machine's screen each day but read the SD card once a week.
Then as I got more comfortable with the results, once a month, and after 6+ months, I actually started feeling more alert and realized it was working.
So the need to check the data has diminished.  However, I still download the data every few months.
That, of course, means I only have detailed data for the last month and the rest of the days provide the needed stats but not at the detail level.
Usually after a bad night, I realize I have not checked the data in "a while" and download it.

Not sure why, but removing the card, placing it in a static free envelope , carrying it to the computer, downloading the data then reversing the process, the ResMed 9 doesn't like the SD card anymore and wants to reformat it.  I was a bit upset the first time (and the second time and...), but now it is the "normal" routine.
Luckily, the ResMed saves the critical settings internally, so things like the pressure settings do not change.

Recently got a new computer, and of course, the data was on the old computer. 
I am now storing the data into a Documents directory, so that when I do the copy of critical files to a backup, I will get that info saved as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2019, 07:06 AM)HoseHead58 Wrote: Not sure why, but removing the card, placing it in a static free envelope , carrying it to the computer, downloading the data then reversing the process, the ResMed 9 doesn't like the SD card anymore and wants to reformat it.  I was a bit upset the first time (and the second time and...), but now it is the "normal" routine.
Luckily, the ResMed saves the critical settings internally, so things like the pressure settings do not change.

Write protect the card before putting it in the computer.  Windoze will to drop a somewhat hidden file on there that corrupts the card in the eyes of the S9. Un-write protect the card before reinserting it in the S9.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2019, 07:11 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 07:06 AM)HoseHead58 Wrote: Not sure why, but removing the card, placing it in a static free envelope , carrying it to the computer, downloading the data then reversing the process, the ResMed 9 doesn't like the SD card anymore and wants to reformat it.  I was a bit upset the first time (and the second time and...), but now it is the "normal" routine.

Write protect the card before putting it in the computer.  Windoze will to drop a somewhat hidden file on there that corrupts the card in the eyes of the S9.  Un-write protect the card before reinserting it in the S9.

However some external card readers do not honour the write protect tab
Post Reply Post Reply
Please read the SD card wiki. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...emory_card
At the very end of the article is a link to a small utility that can prevent your Windows computer from writing index files to the card. This will stop the problem from happening again.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,025 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Sleep Study Review - Missed PLMS? pezhead99 4 332 01-22-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: WhyMe
  New"ish" CPAP user. OSCAR review tippmann87 12 716 01-19-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Airsense 11 Autoset Oscar Data - How to Review goblue2024 1 422 01-09-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 527 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
Question Please Review My Data (Oximeter Info Included) — Still Tired Despite "Good" Treatment avhenry 16 1,986 12-04-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.