Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to Make FlashPAP On A Mac “Exit and run Sleep Tracking Software” such as OSCAR
Cool 
How to Make FlashPAP On A Mac “Exit and run Sleep Tracking Software” such as OSCAR
This has been a little bug on Mac computers for as long as I can remember - the “Exit and run Sleep Tracking Software” does not launch OSCAR. Well, I discovered a fix, and it works great!

Step 1
  1. Open a Finder window and navigate to your Applications folder.
  2. Control + Click (right-click equivalent) on the OSCAR App.
  3. Click “Show Package Contents” in the popup window.
  4. Click “Contents”.
  5. Click “MacOS”.
  6. Control + Click (right-click equivalent) on OSCAR.
  7. Click “Make Alias” in the popup window.
  8. Rename it if you wish, or not. (I did not rename the alias.)
  9. Move the Alias to your Applications folder.
  10. Close the Finder window.
Step 2
  1. Open FlashPAP.
  2. Click the ellipsis “…” button to the right of the “Exit and run Sleep Tracking Software” button.
  3. Navigate to the Alias you created above.
  4. Click “Open”.
    (Subsequent clicks on the ellipsis “…” button will take you to the package contents “OSCAR”, not the Alias in your Applications folder.)
Open FlashPAP.
Import your data as normal.
Click the “Exit and run Sleep Tracking Software”.
Be amazed and enjoy!  Thumbs-up-2 

Ray
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to Make FlashPAP On A Mac “Exit and run Sleep Tracking Software” such as OSCAR
I don't know if this might help on a Mac, I created an executable bash script (auto.sh) for my Linux boxes that automates the data download and starts OSCAR after it terminates FlashPAP.

Here is the code:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
cd ~/FlashPAP
java --module-path /usr/share/openjfx/lib --add-modules ALL-MODULE-PATH -jar FlashPAP.jar user=A10 exit=yes
/usr/bin/OSCAR
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to Make FlashPAP On A Mac “Exit and run Sleep Tracking Software” such as OSCAR
Several way to go here.  Easiest for me was to Use FlashPAP.app then make an executable shell script like such: to open OSCAR
Called openoscar.sh and add the following code to it:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
# This will open OSCAR.app fom inside FlashPAP.
open /Applications/OSCAR.app

Dont forget to make openoscar.sh executable from the command line:

Code:
chmod 755 openpscar.sh

Mac's use "Jar Launcher.app to open *.jar files, so just double click FlashPAP,jar and Flashpap will open.  Then click on the 3 dots next to "Exit and run sleep tracking software" and and add the location of openoscar.sh.  then OSCAR.app will be run when you click tab in FlashPAP.  Quick and easy!

If I tought about it for more than a few seconds I could probably come upwith something nicer, but this works easy on Mac.   No need to track down the binary file in the package if you use the "open" command.

Running the binary from in the OSCAR.app may bring a Terminal window opening with it too,  Open is the official way to start an app from the command line and will run the app like you had double clicked it.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a similar cmd file on my windows laptop to manage flashpap imports and OSCAR I have a virtual SD card I use for the data so I can use Resscan if I want to
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 244 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 870 03-28-2024, 08:04 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  OSCAR Reports Omitted Some ResMed Sleep Sessions RTolley 2 217 03-17-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RTolley
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 166 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Ohmy I AM GOING BATTY PLEASE HELP ME MAKE SENSE OF THIS Plmnb 2 207 03-09-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 616 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,087 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.