Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to eliminate weird plastic smell from ResMed ASV?
How to eliminate weird plastic smell from ResMed ASV?
Hello everyone,
I have a question about eliminating a persistent sour+plastic smell coming from my ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV. I cleaned the pipe and mask yesterday, and just to confirm that the smell wasn’t coming from either of those. The smell is coming directly from the inside of the hole that comes from the ASV into the water container. Let me show you what I mean in this link (2nd Picture), posting pictures here often doesn’t work:
https://imgur.com/a/ZMIWRuH
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to eliminate weird plastic smell from ResMed ASV?
That is definitely the main blower unit. If you bought the machine used, the vendor may exchange it. If not then the question is, how many hours on on the machine. We can't tell from your description what it might have been exposed to, but it seems unlikely it was smoke since you are describing a plastic smell. I could be deterioration from ozone gas cleaning or a chemical smoke that was in its prior environment.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd call the supplier or vendor and request an exchange.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is an update for the first day of the year; I have returned the machine. I will be going to a pulmonologist this Monday because of my breathing/Central Apnea

I wanted to know what potential question that I should ask the pulmonologist when I actually meet him. I have the basic sleep study report and I was going to explain my condition. Another question off the top of my head: I have been feeling even more tired than usual when I wake up and I wanted to know what recommendations for sleeping posture that you all might have.

I have a slat bed and I am adding another slat specifically to address any back discomfort as per one example. What type of pillow set ups do you all use also?
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, first and foremost, you are concerned about idiopathic central sleep apnea that is apparent with or without positive air pressure therapy. You want to ask about adaptive servo ventilation as a solution (ASV). There is nothing wrong with your central nervous system or your pulmonary function, but you have high rates of central apnea. Your solution is incredibly easy, and only requires a prescription for a Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV. You are not sick, you do not have a CNS disorder and your lungs are healthy...ask for the prescription or at least an order for ASV titration. Ask your doctor to help you get treatment for the central apnea, and he can take his time to figure out if there is a cause. Let's not get the process turned upside down. You can solve this problem immediately with an ASV machine, then take your time, if he is curious to dig into finding out why you need it, he can do that after you have the ASV.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
yep that's about it
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 33 5 hours ago
Last Post: cps22
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,808 5 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,812 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] O2 ring/weird heart rate/no other symptoms jdavis 6 192 03-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [CPAP] Solvent smell coming from new Airsense 11 ducknoir 22 7,226 03-06-2024, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Teddyg
  Oscar Data. No events flagged but weird flow rate pattern during REM Ynot 53 2,664 02-18-2024, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Ynot
  Weird spikes and then I wake up tiredguy1 4 291 02-12-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.