Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to get rid of the smell?
How to get rid of the smell?
I washed (actually soaked) the n30i frame in soapy water, rinsed it, and let it dry. Then when I put it on at night, I almost choked from the smell that the soap left.
Today I soaked it again, without the soap, but it still has a residual odor. Any ideas? I'm using soap that is supposedly very mild, used for babies...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to get rid of the smell?
I used baby shampoo once and it left a horrible "perfume" odor in the mask, even after a very thorough rinsing and air drying.
Now I use Dawn dish detergent as many others here will recommend. Just a drop on a washcloth will do. If I do get a residual odor it's usually because I did not rinse it well enough. Try to stick with the regular brand and not one of the fancy floral scented ones.
It's virtually impossible to find any kind of soap that doesn't have some kind of scent to it, I just try to stick with the ones that are the least offensive.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to get rid of the smell?
(10-29-2020, 10:49 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: I used baby shampoo once and it left a horrible "perfume" odor in the mask, even after a very thorough rinsing and air drying.
Now I use Dawn dish detergent as many others here will recommend. Just a drop on a washcloth will do.  If I do get a residual odor it's usually because I did not rinse it well enough.  Try to stick with the regular brand and not one of the fancy floral scented ones.
It's virtually impossible to find any kind of soap that doesn't have some kind of scent to it, I just try to stick with the ones that are the least offensive.

Thanks Jeff. Unfortunately Dawn is not available here. I was using Fairy detergent until I read somewhere (perhaps from Resmed?) not to use detergent because it might leave residue that is harmful when inhaled.
A drop on a cloth won't help because I can't get the cloth inside the frame. Only way to wash it is to immerse it in soapy water
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,713 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,805 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Solvent smell coming from new Airsense 11 ducknoir 22 7,204 03-06-2024, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Teddyg
  Burning Smell? BC3B 33 19,392 10-25-2023, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Teddyg
  [CPAP] Sweet morning smell..... H2Daddy 12 8,823 10-24-2023, 12:23 AM
Last Post: fly by night
  Resmed Climateline tubing smell wenfroed 21 7,657 10-08-2022, 12:32 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Resmed Airsense 11 very warm to touch with burning smell Sweet72947 0 1,467 08-21-2022, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Sweet72947

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.