Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to interpret AHI
RE: How to interpret AHI
(01-24-2013, 11:21 AM)VegasPieer Wrote: With an AHI of 3 or less for most of last week (last night it was 1) can I conclude that I no longer have sleep apnea?

You need to make sure that your leaks are under control. That's a relatively trivial thing to do with a ResMed machine as it tells you immediately if your leak rate is above the acceptable level of, what is it, 24 L/min, or something like that.

So in that case you are "cured" as long as you use the machine whenever you're sleeping. If you fall asleep without the machine your body immediately begins to struggle for oxygen, elevating your chances for a stroke or heart attack.

My body still won't "believe" it's ok to sleep. I wake up every few hours, but it's gradually learning that it really is ok to fall asleep. That my body will still get the oxygen it needs to keep me alive. It seems to be very concerned about doing that for me.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 184 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  Help interpret OSCAR for best pressure settings 444zane3 3 401 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Frequent wakeups with mild OSA -- help me interpret OSCAR? mcrick 6 699 12-24-2023, 09:48 AM
Last Post: mcrick
Question Newbie here - Could you help me interpret data please? Unkikonki 7 536 12-03-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help me interpret my second Sleep Study results YouTakeMyBreathAway 194 11,872 10-04-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  New APAP user need help interpret chart farmdog 5 568 09-02-2023, 08:57 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Can you help me interpret this cluster of events? TiredTom111 1 444 08-12-2023, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.