Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to load OSCAR in LinuxMint
How to load OSCAR in LinuxMint
hello,
I'm a fervent LinuxMint Cinnamon user, but can anybody tell me how and where to find OSCAR for that OS?
Bart
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to load OSCAR in LinuxMint
Hi BartSr! - Welcome

Here is the link, which is the same as at the top of the page.
Link:  https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

It is listed as "Ubuntu/Debian".  Not knowing your Linux knowledge level, I have listed some steps that I've posted before.

OSCAR needs certain system files to operate.  Try copying the following command line. If your system has the file it will be ignored.
sudo apt-get install gtkhash libb2-1 libqt5opengl5 libqt5serialport5 libqt5printsupport5 libqt5xml5

Next, you must use 'sudo dpkg -i oscarname.deb' -where "name" is the version of oscar package you want to install.
Example: sudo dpkg -i oscar_1.0.1-t1_Ubuntu_amd64.deb

You might need to create a Quick Launch shortcut on your desktop.  If you are unfamiliar with this, right-click anywhere on an open area of your desktop.  The 5th option from the top is labeled, "+ Create a new launcher here. . .", select it.  In the Command box either enter or navigate to the /usr/bin/oscar link.   Of course the Name box is a no-brainer.  

Please report back of either success or problems.

Good Luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your quick reaction!
You wrote:
OSCAR needs certain system files to operate.  Try copying the following command line. If your system has the file it will be ignored.
sudo apt-get install gtkhash libb2-1 libqt5opengl5 libqt5serialport5 libqt5printsupport5 libqt5xml5

and that worked , but after that
Next, you must use 'sudo dpkg -i oscarname.deb' -where "name" is the version of oscar package you want to install.

Example: sudo dpkg -i oscar_1.0.1-t1_Ubuntu_amd64.deb

This example did not work. It says: no permission to the archive. What did I wrong?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Did you issue the command in the directory where the oscar.deb is located? If not, the easiest way of doing this is to use the file explorer (Nemo?) to navigate to the directory that has the download. Probably it is "/home/YourName/Downloads". Right-click anywhere and select "Open in Terminal", then issue the command. This saves a lot of "cd" commands.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cannot load OSCAR!
Post Reply Post Reply
Based off your last image, you are specifying an incorrect package name.  You typed, oscar_1.1.0-r1_Ubuntu_amd64.deb.
correct package name is, oscar_1.0.1-r1_Ubuntu_amd64.deb.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, but for me it is too complicated. I went back to Windows10. Thanks anyway
Bart
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR/data load Salsarator 6 734 08-10-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR won't load [solved, see post #9] RickB 13 1,077 09-07-2022, 09:48 AM
Last Post: jmayer180
Exclaimation Profile won't load, OSCAR exits immediately rfburns 16 1,570 05-22-2022, 03:14 PM
Last Post: ronjoh
  CMS50F data won't load to OSCAR SpO2Res 13 2,363 02-12-2022, 06:01 PM
Last Post: pfmet
Sad OSCAR - Can't load data Badanha 3 670 01-11-2022, 01:31 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  Data doesn't load from SD card Insopita 2 946 05-20-2019, 11:56 AM
Last Post: AlanE
  OSCAR wont load daily results car54 22 4,215 05-04-2019, 01:13 AM
Last Post: GuyScharf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.