Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to perfectly set up your cpap machine, the best set up, best adjustment pressure
RE: How to perfectly set up your cpap machine, the best set up, best adjustment pressure
Here’s a question I can’t seem to answer. Every now and then, about one “session“-(like a 30 min nap in the afternoon_, do I get a high AHI reading like 10… Where my normal amount of AHI anytime I go down for even a nap is about 2.5. What setting leads to that? I don’t plan To change anything, my brother has been on successfully Cpap for years, says “it just happens every now and then?” Opinions and comments?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to perfectly set up your cpap machine, the best set up, best adjustment pressure
You are more awake for that smaller period which leads to more false indications of apnea. We tend to call this SWJ or Sleep Wake Junk. Tht the only answer bu the most common one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2020, 01:40 PM)bonjour Wrote: Your OP seemed to be advice to all and not specifically what you did.

I would encourage you to post your OSCAR charts as even for you doing it for yourself I didn't see OSCAR mentioned.  You may be surprised at what you learn.
I am posting my oscar report but none of them are identical since every night is different story. I would be greath if you could share your opinion.They look different with ahi varying from 3 to 3.9. I think of a good result is when you wake up feeling refreshed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The charts to present are
The Left Sidebar without PieChart and without the calendar
Events
Flow Rate
Flow Limits (ResMed only)
Pressure
Leaks
Snores

These help us to see, with context, what is going on. If we need to see others we will let you know

In the first chart it looks like you might benefit from a boost in Min Pressure. So try Min Pressure = 9
Post Reply Post Reply
I will let experts give you answers but I would suggest you turn off v2 it means nothing about your therapy and just clutters up your chart
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 90 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 309 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 629 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 199 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,742 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  [Pressure] What Cpap pressure should I use? uarspatient2023 1 237 03-02-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Pressure] Help interpreting low AHI after reducing CPAP pressure? grrrrr 2 278 02-21-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: grrrrr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.