Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to quickly sync Wellue O2 Ring Readings from Android to OSCAR
How to quickly sync Wellue O2 Ring Readings from Android to OSCAR
God I love OSCAR, it really is incredible. After picking through some other threads I figured out how to add my pulse oximetry to my OSCAR data. Thought I would share my system since it can be a pain to do with some devices and this may work for a few of them.

I have a Wellue O2 Ring that I wear on my right thumb, that uploads results via Bluetooth to my phone - the app it uses is called VIHealth. This ring is particularly annoying because it only exports JPGs and CSVs, and you need to access the raw data files it generates to import them into OSCAR. This would usually involve either plugging the ring into your computer and moving them over manually, or sending them each day from your phone to your computer for import into OSCAR.

In Dropbox, I set up a folder within my OSCAR data directory with the serial number of the device. Then I got an app called Autosync for Dropbox for $2, that lets you sync a folder on your Android phone to a Dropbox folder (there's also a version for Google Drive). I set the O2 Ring folder (in my case /ViHealth on the phone) to automatically sync with the serial number folder on Dropbox. Now in the mornings, I can just transfer the O2 Ring data to my phone as always, then go into OSCAR and import my SD Card and Viatom data.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to quickly sync Wellue O2 Ring Readings from Android to OSCAR
Thanks! This was by far the easiest and quickest solution for this specific set of components. I was considering rolling my own integration but your suggestion swayed me enough and saved time and effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2021, 05:55 PM)hoselife Wrote: This would usually involve either plugging the ring into your computer and moving them over manually
Hi hoselife,
can you please confirm that it is possible to plug the wellue o2ring into your computer and copy the spo2/csv/whatever file OSCAR requires over (or even just open it directly?) to the computer?
I'm trying to find out (before buying the oximeter) if I can avoid using ViHealth and any other tracking and ad-infested apps. ViHealth requires location information, and has 4 trackers integrated including Umeng (a chinese one)
Does ViHealth require registration to pair the o2ring to it also?
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I can run ViHealth with only the Bluetooth active and turning off any cellular service.  You can not perform a direct import into OSCAR from the Wellue device.  The oximeter actually outputs a database file update to a database hosted on another device (PC or phone) that has either ViHealth or O2 Insight Pro.  The required file, that's name is composed of starting data and time, is information extracted from this database and is the one OSCAR uses for import. The data file creation requires either ViHealth, O2 Insight Pro, or the SQL data extraction script.

There isn't any registration. Either use the supplied USB/HID cable on a PC or pair it up with Bluetooth.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2022, 09:43 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I can run ViHealth with only the Bluetooth active and turning off any cellular service.  You can not perform a direct import into OSCAR from the Wellue device.  The oximeter actually outputs a database file update to a database hosted on another device (PC or phone) that has either ViHealth or O2 Insight Pro.  The required file, that's name is composed of starting data and time, is information extracted from this database and is the one OSCAR uses for import. The data file creation requires either ViHealth, O2 Insight Pro, or the SQL data extraction script.

There isn't any registration. Either use the supplied USB/HID cable on a PC or pair it up with Bluetooth.

Thanks for the info. It sounds like the only option if I want to keep all operations on the OSCAR linux box is running O2 Insight Pro on a virtualized win/mac OS. Unfortunate... Or am I missing something?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2022, 09:43 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: or the SQL data extraction script.

Can you point me to that script please?
Post Reply Post Reply
Depending on your Wellue software version, one of these two SQL scripts should work on your database. You will need to verify your version's database name.

Thanks to sergio for initially providing the following file extraction script for anyone to use.
For a PulsebitO2.db:
Code:
for filename in `sqlite3 ./PlusebitO2.db 'select mFileName from sleepData'`; do echo $filename; (sqlite3 PlusebitO2.db "select quote(dataBuf) from sleepData where mFileName = '$filename'" | cut -d\' -f2 | xxd -r -p > $filename); done

Due to a Wellue software upgrade, Jeff8356 has provided the newer filenames.
For a db_o2.db:
Code:
filename in `sqlite3 ./db_o2.db 'select checktime from tb_check'`; do
echo $filename; (sqlite3 db_o2.db "select quote(checktime) from tb_check where checktime = '$filename'" | cut -d\' -f2 | xxd -r -p > $filename); done
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have tried this - but on my android phone in the VIHEALTH folder there are no files.
Yet the app does show data - so where is it stored..

I have set file manager to show hidden files..

John
Post Reply Post Reply
When Wellue/Viatom updated their app, they also moved the data location,  Here is the newer Android location, Android/data/com.viatom.vihealth/files/ViHealth

When looking at the phone's data while connected to your PC:
Binary files: Computer\Red's Phone Model\Phone\Android\data\com.viatom.vihealth\files
Database: Computer\Red's Phone Model\Phone\Android\data\com.viatom.vihealth\files\ViHealth

I hope this will help.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome - I found this folder and synced it to PC with dropbox.. Oscar opens them no probs..

Now I just need to work out what Oscar is telling me.

thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wellue data off since daylight savings change brainfoggysleeper 1 35 04-16-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - DST time base SleeperAwake21 5 927 03-30-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 9 906 03-29-2024, 08:52 AM
Last Post: StuartC
Question Displaying more data from viatom/Wellue in the summary panel ? croc297 2 160 03-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  OSCAR Export CSV Empty? Only Headers? Wellue/ViHealth PhadeL 0 242 03-05-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: PhadeL
  Caution: Wellue O2 Ring - Time Sync hybernate 9 1,427 03-04-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 334 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.