Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to reduce flow limitations on Dreamstation Auto CPAP?
How to reduce flow limitations on Dreamstation Auto CPAP?
Most of the advice to reduce flow limitations on CPAP seem to be for Resmed. I have UARS and have the Dreamstation CPAP Auto. How do I go about reducing FLs on my APAP? I set my min pressure to 12 and had less FLs than I did when at 8 but still had them. I seem to be waking up a lot during the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to reduce flow limitations on Dreamstation Auto CPAP?
Unfortunately the dreamstation does not allow more than 2 EPR (flex) and it is slower to react so about the only thing you can do is raise pressure which causes other problems.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2021, 11:31 AM)staceyburke Wrote: Unfortunately the dreamstation does not allow more than 2 EPR (flex) and it is slower to react so about the only thing you can do is raise pressure which causes other problems.

Last night my min was on 12. If I bump it to 13 or 14, what should I put my C Flex setiting as? 2?
Post Reply Post Reply
I would go to 14 c flex at 2.  after that if you change do one per night so you can see the effect of the change.  If you do more than one it is had to tell what helped or hurt.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 6 66 1 hour ago
Last Post: ahuman
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 8 245 2 hours ago
Last Post: ReclaimingMySleep
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 374 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 352 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 307 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 110 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,609 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.