Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to resolve this issue?
How to resolve this issue?
Hey guys, I have lurked here occasionally but when someone on reddit recommended I go here for better advice, I figured I would give it a shot. I will say some of the advice on reddit did help, as my machine was never zero'd in. I was on the factory settings of 4-20 cm for over a year. For the sake of time, PAP therapy wasn't working, which was no surprise as the pressures were too low. I eventually upped my pressures to around 8-12 cm APAP with and EPR of 3. Well nothing felt better after months, I felt worse even. I never investigated further because my AHI was low (my original sleep study was an AHI of 5 and RDI of 15). A user asked to see my flow rate despite Oscar saying I had little to no significant flow limitations. The user began to point out all these unregistered events, flow limits and RERA's. Come to find out these machines miss a lot, especially RERA's. Now. I don't know how correct this user was, but him and two others recommended a bi level machine. However another user recommended I just needed more PAP pressure. So I ordered a bi level and figured in the meantime I would just use the APAP as a CPAP with no EPR. Low and behold, my sleep improved. Stopped waking up as much, lower AHI and felt a bit better in the morning. However, my flow limits jumped up a lot and I still had the same issues(I dont think EPR was the issue, but APAP). All through the night I had weird breathing that always lead to an arousal. From looking at my chart, this was every 10 to 30 minutes at the most. I figure some of these are just me moving at night, or REM, but they happen constantly and are always preceded by flow limits, even if the machine didnt mark it as a flow limit. I figure I got my EPAP (sorry if im using this term wrong) at the right value to stop my OSA events, but when I upped my pressure the next night in hopes of tackling flow limits, I slept worse (though not as bad as on APAP) and had an insignificant amount of centrals, but had some flagged RERA's and hypopneas, etc. I figure that I may need more IPAP, and my EPAP is good (Once again may be using those wrong as I am not on BiPAP, I just mean the exhale pressure seems good but may need more inhale). I am going to try a pressure of 12 tonight with EPR of 3, as my best night sleep was on a fixed pressure, no APAP or EPR at a pressure of 8.4 cm, however, same breathing issues and number of arousals. Im am hoping I just need more IPAP and my EPAP is good and this will resolve my flow limits. If EPR isnt enough then I hope PS is enough on the Bi-level I ordered. I am still very symptomatic despite my low AHI. I know my issue is likely tied to sleep as a psych eval was insignificant and blood work insignificant as far as a cause for my intense brain fog, excessive yawning, sleepiness and fatigue. I had random nights throughout the years where I would sleep great and felt normal again. Im guessing even a broken clock is right twice a day, as my pressures were in such a wide range due to factory settings being unchanged during that time. Sadly I didnt have an SD card at the time either. I am posting an imgur link below. Once again, most of the night, every 5 to 30 minutes, I wake up, which is preceded by flow limitations. Do I need more pressure? Do I need EPR or PS (kinda the same IK). Would love some insight, thanks in advance. 

(I cannot post my Imgur link apparently I need 4 posts first, so I probably wont get any help now that I think about it. I guess ill post 3 pictures but I dont think its sums things up enough.)

(also idk why the flow rate picture is posted below but im a goober and dont know how to change it, many more pictures are posted in the link above)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 9 1,588 04-23-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 20 669 04-22-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: cps22
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 6 361 04-18-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: pamm777
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 245 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,591 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 182 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 841 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.