Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to see RERA events from AirSense 10 AutoSet?
RE: How to see RERA events from AirSense 10 AutoSet?
(08-12-2021, 05:09 PM)mrmagloo Wrote: Didn't you look at the machine when you got it? Didn't the DME take it out of the box in front of you with the plastic wrapping, etc?  How did the machine enter your home, and in what state of packaging?  I'm not sure what your insurance provides for, but if you ended up with used equipment, I would think you would immediately know about it, right?

I'm just asking rhetorical questions, as I always negotiate and purchase my machines on my own, and just sent the invoice towards my deductible.  So I'm in complete control of the entire transaction and the unboxing. I don't think it would be easy to present a used machine as new, especially with the plastic exterior of the AS10 that shows absolutely everything.

At this point there's not much you can do, so it's probably best not to dwell on it.

While looking into what my insurance covers with the lady at the front the clinician set up the machine in the back office to show how to use it. So I never got to see it in whatever boxed state it was in. Only thing I saw physically come out of a new package was the mask.

I'm still in within my 30 day guarantee so I might have some recourse still.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have recourse, and it's bugging you, absolutely return it.  Don't be kicking yourself down the road.

I didn't catch the part about it being only two weeks old. My bad.  97 extra hours in one month is hard to fudge the calculations on.  I'd first call your insurance and make sure they authorized a NEW machine.  I bought my new one at the beginning of July, and I got a late April/early May 2021 Build date. (232118)  I was pretty amazed as I was expecting more like a Feb/Mar 2021 build. With how they are going through stock now, just receiving a mid 2020 build pretty much confirmed it was a used machine they passed off.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2021, 12:00 AM)mrmagloo Wrote: If you have recourse, and it's bugging you, absolutely return it.  Don't be kicking yourself down the road.

I didn't catch the part about it being only two weeks old. My bad.  97 extra hours in one month is hard to fudge the calculations on.  I'd first call your insurance and make sure they authorized a NEW machine.  I bought my new one at the beginning of July, and I got a late April/early May 2021 Build date. (232118)  I was pretty amazed as I was expecting more like a Feb/Mar 2021 build. With how they are going through stock now, just receiving a mid 2020 build pretty much confirmed it was a used machine they passed off.

Happy to report that I brought the issue up to them and they ordered me in a brand new one within a box. Build date 2021 mid-June.

Does anyone know if I need to be formatting my sd card before putting it in the new machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
You may want to save the SD data on your PC first, then you could just insert the SD into the new PAP. Or after the save, erase the SD card.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
"The first two digits are 22 for Singapore, and 23 for Australia, followed by year and month"

1. and I got a late April/early May 2021 Build date. (232118)

2. Perfect thanks! Start of my S/N is 232025. So mine was manufactured mid-June 2020

Color me old and confused … but in example 1 how does ’18’ translate to April/early May.

And likewise in example 2 how does ’25’ translate into mid-June.

My SN is 232117 … so I get it was made in 2021 in Australia but don’t know how to interpret the ’17’. And I do get RERA events from OSCAR
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-28-2021, 01:32 PM)MikeE3 Wrote: "The first two digits are 22 for Singapore, and 23 for Australia, followed by year and month"

1. and I got a late April/early May 2021 Build date. (232118)

2. Perfect thanks! Start of my S/N is 232025. So mine was manufactured mid-June 2020

Color me old and confused … but in example 1 how does ’18’ translate to April/early May.

And likewise in example 2 how does ’25’ translate into mid-June.

My SN is 232117 … so I get it was made in 2021 in Australia but don’t know how to interpret the ’17’. And I do get RERA events from OSCAR

Its the numerical week, not month. So 17 is the 17th week of the year, so late April
Post Reply Post Reply
Got it. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-28-2021, 01:32 PM)MikeE3 Wrote: "The first two digits are 22 for Singapore, and 23 for Australia, followed by year and month"
This is incorrect. According to DeepBreathing ( a long time menber) : 

It's the other way round - 22 is Australia.

so 23 is Singapore

the next two digits are the year, and the 5th and 6th are the week of the year.

The last five are unique for that week.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 44 7 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 84 Yesterday, 11:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,465 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,346 04-17-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Are any of these events real? BigWing 6 197 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 221 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  Excessive Events jerrydaw 1 113 04-06-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.