Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to show Oscar charts?
How to show Oscar charts?
With any luck Thursday I have an appointment with a pulmonologist. (He’s cancelled on me 3 times already.)

What would be the best way to show the Oscar charts? I tried printing them out but they seemed hard to read. I don’t have a laptop but I could borrow one. 

I was thinking of screen capping them and loading them up on an old iPad. That seems the easiest. 

Is there a better way?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to show Oscar charts?
A laptop is better, that way your doctor can browse and zoom to see details. That way he can zoom if he sees something questionable.

I would have a set of screen prints to quickly show him, 1 min or less, to showcase what you have issues with then offer the laptop.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same problem with Oscar print out. It is so small it is hard to read. I finally took a screen shot and printed that. It seems that when you print from the Oscar print function the fonts are too small. I don't know if it was done on purpose or for other reasons. When I printed from Sleepyhead the printout covered the whole page. Maybe someone who is more computer literate can figure it out.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bring my laptop when I see the doctor. If you think of the laptop as CPAP related, having one just for that purpose is not really very expensive.

Does anyone think it is bizarre that the best software the doctor has available is open source and free? My doctor does not know how to read data from my F&P Icon+. The F&P software never provided data to me. It only sends data to the doctor that I had in 2015 who could not or would not help me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice Jakeb24 5 133 04-15-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 174 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 202 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 412 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Diagnosis] Do my sleep lab results show that I have uars? michelbeaini 1 276 02-13-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,169 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 432 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.