Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help Request - new ASV user - adjusting pressure on an Air Curve 10 ASV
Help Request - new ASV user - adjusting pressure on an Air Curve 10 ASV
A few months ago I switched from CPAP Resmed Airsense 10 to the AirCurve 10 ASV because I was getting mostly Centrals and CSRs.
My AHII has gone done but I still don’t feel rested. One of the problems is that I have to get up to urinate frequently during the night but most times I can fall back to sleep.
I use a full face mask Vitera and many nights mask leaks are a problem.
Are the leaks causing my poor scores or is the machine settings causing too much pressure which causes the leaks?
My settings are ASV Auto
Min Epap  5
Max Epap  15
Min PS       3
Max PS     15
I have upload 2 nights .
Looking forward to your guidance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new ASV user -adjusting pressure on on Air Curve 10 ASV
Lots of PC instances. What's this about? An expert should come along soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new ASV user -adjusting pressure on on Air Curve 10 ASV
Bump2
Can anyone offer any insights????

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help Request - new ASV user - adjusting pressure on an Air Curve 10 ASV
Can you post a graph where we can see the pulse rate ? One with a global overview and a more precise one please.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Mike.  I am no expert, but I have had similar problems with ASV.  
1.  The arousals that are waking you up are either from the machine, masks leaks, or could possibly be BPH (frequent need to get up and urinate).  My PCP thought I had BPH, but she correctly concluded that the apneas waking me up were the problem.  Since using 45 degree wedge, low pressure ventilator (EPAP and IPAP don't get over 10 anymore), and SCC, I only wake up once usually for restroom break.  
2.  I am still trying to get used to the large pressure swings with ASV.  They can both arouse me and cause mask leaks.  The best combo I have found for leaks so far is a nasal pillow mask, super extra tight, and 2 "eliminator" cervical collars stacked on top of each other (5" total and totally keeps my mouth shut and no movement at all).  Plus light mouth tape.  It seems like a 100% closed loop circuit with this setup.  
3.  I guess the only thing I can think of would be somehow to tighten the pressure range to stop the large pressure swings.  Or possibly an IVAPS/AVAPS (volume assured algorithm machine - they seem to have less pressure swings to me personally).  My best guess from my experience with ASV.  If anyone has any suggestions on how to stop all the mini - arousals with ASV, I would like to hear them also.  Some members get good therapy with ASV.  Any tips?
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Heracles
I am not sure what you want me to post. Can you give me an example?
Post Reply Post Reply
Jay51

Thanks so much for your detailed reply. I am a mouth breather, so I'm not sure a nasal pillow mask would work for me.
I am going to play around with the pressure settings.
Here is last night's data

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help request... zsearcher 26 1,242 6 hours ago
Last Post: zsearcher
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 311 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 120 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Need help adjusting settings cokepi 1 134 03-08-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Should I Buy It..Air Curve 10 VAuto WW4B 2 221 02-24-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Exclaimation OSCAR: OSCAR Beta Tester Request Crimson Nape 1 709 02-23-2024, 06:56 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.