Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hyperventilating in General
RE: Hyperventilating in General
That's a better chart, I'm glad you are seeing a doctor. I was concerned about you chart 3 months ago. Do you have some sort of copd?
The tidal volume is a lot better with 16 PS:5, but do you have it in fixed mode and not auto?
also note your insp/exp time, it's more normal
You may not need the epap this high and auto may find the epep pressure you like for the oa and with the help of the doctor, the PS that will give the ventilation he wants.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hyperventilating in General
(07-28-2017, 04:07 PM)ajack Wrote: That's a better chart, I'm glad you are seeing a doctor. I was concerned about you chart 3 months ago. Do you have some sort of copd?
The tidal volume is a lot better with 16 PS:5, but do you have it in fixed mode and not auto?
also note your insp/exp time, it's more normal
You may not need the epap this high and auto may find the epep pressure you like for the oa and with the help of the doctor, the PS that will give the ventilation he wants.

Not sure what I have, all I know for a fact is that CPAP has been helping me to a certain extent , although I'm having trouble figuring out the right pressure / tolerating it..
I'm using it in Auto-mode currently, what's interesting to me is the Aircurve 10 is giving me different data than my Dreamstation Auto.  My Dreamstation auto rarely gave me clear airway events, even when using EPR (I still have the graphs to prove it)  I tried comparing the breathing waves between the two and it does seem like what the Resmed is reporting is infact a Clear Airway, but I'm not so sure about the Dreamstation.

In terms of Tidal Volume, it does seem like my TV is pretty low, would this actually indicate something?  I do think I have some trouble breathing, but I don't think I've noticed it until I started CPAP..  In your sleep it is supposed to lower a bit, but sometimes I see it dropping as low as 360 or even 340..

Looks like it might be tricky to get my AHI low enough and provide sufficient TV..  Here are some pressures I've experimented with in the past few days..

EPAP 6, PSI 3.0
[Image: ic0vReI.png]

EPAP 16, PSI 5.0
[Image: KtwKe2L.png]

EPAP 12, PSI 4.0
[Image: PPzOg5b.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 1,018 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Events worse in the morning and events in general getting worse Elizabeth79 45 2,093 02-14-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Elizabeth79
  General Issues Lusk 3 364 01-22-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Tonsillectomy And general anesthesia Jen0628jen 4 489 09-14-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: car54
  Is this what hyperventilating looks like? Phil487 1 387 08-21-2023, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Health] Risking surgery with General Anesthetic henryrootytoot 21 1,635 06-26-2023, 10:14 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Equipment] Filters in general and the ResMed 11 Cpapian 3 867 06-25-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Melman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.