Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hypopneas
Question 
Hypopneas
I've used my Phillips System one for 4-1/2 years. I've hardly gotten a good night's sleep for a week in a row.

The issue isn't apneas, it's hypopneas and always has been.

The other night my periodic breathing was 29%. Maybe 98% of it was due to hypopneas. I don't think I've ever had a night where those are under 10%. 

I've tried various things with the pressure and still can't get that down. My guess is that's what's causing my issues.

Can anyone give me some ideas what drives those?

Lowering both pressures. Lowering the low pressure only. Lowering the high pressure only. Nothing seems to work.

As an aside, and the above was going on before these things.

10/8 - Diagnosed with diabetes
From about 9/1 to 11/1, I lost 40 lbs. 240 to 200. 

I'm 71. Covered by Medicare. Since I was in the AF from '67 to '71, I'm also covered by the VA. I'm setting up an appt. with a VA Sleep person, but don't have an appt. yet. 

I'm hoping that in July (when I've had my machine for 5 years), that I'll be able to get a new machine which possibly will work better. Who knows. If I get lucky, maybe the VA will replace my unit right away.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hypopneas
Hi Dogjudge,
Welcome to Apnea Board!

I’m sure you will attract some responses once you post some data.

It looks like you already have OSCAR downloaded. All you need to do now is take a screenshot of the daily page. Following the links in my signature line, paying attention to the organization of the chart and then use the Attachment Feature to post a couple graphs here.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worrying session last night - hypopneas increased tenfold! BigWing 12 234 03-23-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  Does EPAP or IPAP control hypopneas? MrIvanDrago 3 247 02-29-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Help Please - Hypopneas remain with BIPAP Newby 0 171 02-25-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Newby
  Hypopneas resolved, CA's persist--help! AZAwake 5 455 01-20-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Central Hypopneas suddenly! Kingsway 4 522 11-19-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Newly diagnosed - mostly centrals & hypopneas - advice please :) sleepymum81 5 893 08-31-2023, 09:32 PM
Last Post: jwest
  [Treatment] Difficulty with TECSA and Hypopneas jjl468 7 1,031 08-14-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: jjl468

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.