Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I feel much better but wonder if adjustments will help
I feel much better but wonder if adjustments will help
Although I feel great, now that the FFM works, I'm wondering if the attached charts give any information about how to improve my treatment. I was not wearing a cervical collar last night and the events at the beginning of the night are similar to the events recorded when I take a short nap. I assume the UA events are central apnea. I was diagnosed with OA & CA and that's the reason I have the ASV machine.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I feel much better but wonder if adjustments will help
I'm curious why you think your ua is ca. have you looked at close up views of them? honestly I'm not sure I can tell the difference between oa and ca in the flow rate graph but some people seem to. asv is thought to (usually fully) resolve ca with ps. clustered like that: they could be sleep wake ca junk, real sleeping ca or sleeping oa clustered because you weren't wearing the collar. if you were awake and not responding to asv pressure nudging you to initiate a breath you would have noticed runaway high pressure forcing you to blow back or shut down. one way to help rule out ca (or resolve them) is to push your max ps higher, like to 12 or 15.

if last night's chart is representative, have you looked into why you break therapy multiple times a night?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm happy to provide more data and don't really understand why an event is labelled ua.

I broke therapy several times last night because a hair from my head was stuck on the mask seal and kept tickling my face. Drove me crazy! I didn't find it until this morning though I did try to brush it away during the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
awakened by an errant hair! it doesn't take much does it?

as I understand it, the resmed asv is good enough at treating ca (especially if ps max isn't throttled, it seems, and yours is low-ish at 10cmw) that it doesn't have a method for distinguishing oa and ca and calls all apnea unclassified (ua) instead.

I'm not at all sure how accurate this assumption is but unless you can identify ca in the flow rate among the flagged ua, it's usually thought likely flagged ua are oa with this machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-27-2019, 03:35 PM)stevenospam Wrote: I'm happy to provide more data and don't really understand why an event is labelled ua.

I broke therapy several times last night because a hair from my head was stuck on the mask seal and kept tickling my face. Drove me crazy! I didn't find it until this morning though I did try to brush it away during the night.

Aahh, the under-the-mask tickle.  Been there.

I have gotten into two habits from hard-won learning:

I wash my face prior to bed.

I look down at the floor when donning my headgear, but I blow into the cushion first in what may only be a vain attempt to rid it of any unwanted foreign objects (spiders, earwigs, hairs, lint, pillow feathers, all of which are occasionally found in/around my bed where I live).*

*Critters need a place to live, too.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 164 4 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 82 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 848 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,775 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 820 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 322 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 5 482 03-09-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: phillyfan24

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.