Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I got my Airsense 10 Autoset today.
RE: I got my Airsense 10 Autoset today.
(11-09-2017, 08:46 AM)phrogpilot73 Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 09:42 PM)alarsen77 Wrote: I did notice that it looks like it didn't come with an SD card so I'll have to get one for it. Will any SD card work? Does it have to be formatted in any specific way?

The ResMed branded SD card I got from my DME when I picked up the machine is an SDHC card vice a standard SD Card.  As for formatting, when you insert it into the AirSense 10 - the machine will "prepare" (aka format) the card for the first use.

Ok perfect. I'm pretty sure I have a few lower capacity SD cards laying around that I don't use for much of anything anymore that can be re-purposed for this.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you buy one, consider the toshiba flashair card. you can set that up to be on your wifi network and never remove it to read it. Our software forum has a lot of help for getting the setup done!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2017, 10:21 AM)DariaVader Wrote: If you buy one, consider the toshiba flashair card.  you can set that up to be on your wifi network and never remove it to read it.  Our software forum has a lot of help for getting the setup done!

Hmm that's a good idea I will look into that.
Post Reply Post Reply
I love the flashair card. It's a bit of a trick to set up but once you do it's awesome.

I could never get it to talk with my wifi network so I use it on access point mode which works fine. I just connect to it and download with flashpap.

I save it to an SD card on my pc which means I have a backup of the machine card in the event one fails or I need to take the card in.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-08-2017, 10:00 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I don't know if it's just penny pinching,  but Resmed and / or the DME are probably saving a whole dollar on every machine they don't provide with a card. 
My DME was nice enough to provide an SD card with my Aircurve.  If I'm reading the EOB right they billed the insurance company $145 for it.  ;-)
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2017, 10:54 PM)VladimirTrotzskyi Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 10:00 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I don't know if it's just penny pinching,  but Resmed and / or the DME are probably saving a whole dollar on every machine they don't provide with a card. 
My DME was nice enough to provide an SD card with my Aircurve.  If I'm reading the EOB right they billed the insurance company $145 for it.  ;-)

Haha that's crazy. I was in Walmart tonight and they had a standard sandisk 32gb card on sale for $12 so I grabbed it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yea they billed my insurance $1200 for my air 10 that's a third of that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also one thing I noticed when talking to the Respiratory Therapist for setting up my machine they didn't seem to want to turn on EPR for some reason. I think I will manually turn it on.
Post Reply Post Reply
some people develop cpap induced centrals in response to pressure fluctuations. those people need straight cpap with no epr.... for the rest of us, having pressure only raise when necessary, and a break on exhale might be welcome. I put the might, because there are some who prefer the opposite even without cpap induced centrals. If you find you like it and it doesn't cause your AHI to go up with a bunch of CAs then go for it!
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2017, 11:08 PM)DariaVader Wrote: some people develop cpap induced centrals in response to pressure fluctuations. those people need straight cpap with no epr....  for the rest of us, having pressure only raise when necessary, and a break on exhale might be welcome.  I put the might, because there are some who prefer the opposite even without cpap induced centrals.  If you find you like it and it doesn't cause your AHI to go up with a bunch of CAs then go for it!

I just noticed when the pressure went up it was harder to breathe out against it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 159 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  N30i [what mask setting] Airsense 10 AutoSet Topdogg7505 8 3,230 04-20-2024, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ahfairley
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,542 04-18-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 1,017 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Picked up ResMed 10 today, concerned about ability to reset flow rates NewlyDiagnosed 10 254 04-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 215 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 1,028 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.