Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I just completed my first week of using a machine. What does this data tell you?
RE: I just completed my first week of using a machine. What does this data tell you?
Any advice? I slept one night with 2.5/2.5 PS. AHi 3.2

This week I am extremely tired. I could sleep all day.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I just completed my first week of using a machine. What does this data tell you?
I want to see a current chart and a night of oximeter readings. I want to verify, without doubt, that your low sats are gone. Low Sats COULD be causing your symptoms.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I am going to strap a gopro to my finger oxymeter and log the data that way.
Post Reply Post Reply
Max Maker, I'm looking forward to seeing the results of the oximetry. I'm very sorry you're experiencing this level of exhaustion.
Post Reply Post Reply
The gopro battery didn´t last very long, but I have a little bluetooth finger sensor that logs the data. I don´t think it is as accurate as the finger sensor, but at least I got the data. 

I overlayed the Spo2 grapth on the screenshots in blue. The snoore section was empty anyway. I reached my 8mb upload space, so I had to use the external picture upload again. Am I supposed to delete the screenshots from 2 weeks ago?

I have a titration appointment on Friday and Satturday. Any tips for that? 

https://ibb.co/35KY7Wq
https://ibb.co/F3Vwv0m
https://ibb.co/HxBKHFV
Post Reply Post Reply
How do you feel? Your numbers are excellent!! Your O2 dips are spikes with nothing sustaining at the low levels.
Any changes should be based on how you feel.
Post Reply Post Reply
I still feel very bad today. However, based on the symptoms this week in particular it looks like a virus infection. Maybe I have just regular sleep apnea that caused a general sleepiness over the past years and on top of that I have some kind of everlasting virus infection that flames up from time to time. The last time I felt this bad was in january where I felt tired and weak 24/7 for about a week.

A few points in the bloodwork made me question if Eppstein Barr could be a cause. The Antibodies rose from 2018 to 2021 by 60%. I asked a blood doctor to clarify.
Post Reply Post Reply
That sounds like a good question. I think you didn't mention whether you've had tests for autoimmune diseases, especially in the connective-tissue disease family. It's common for them to start with a cold or flu then continue, often with flares and remissions. Fatigue is a very common presenting symptom. (There's some speculation that "long Covid" is related to these CT conditions.)

Do you know what the purpose of the titration is supposed to be? And what are you hoping will come of it? Any chance they could use a ResMed machine so you could see whether it was more comfortable for you?
Post Reply Post Reply
It’s difficult with the doctors. They do blood tests and find absolutely nothing except for antibodies for common infections like Eppstein Barr or Lime Disease. They never in 5 years found elevated levels of anything else. „Congratulations, you are healthy.“ „If there was something serious wrong, there would be some spikes in the blood work.“

So it is difficult to convice them to look further. I got some referrals to go around in circles from an internist to pulmonologist to gastroenterologist to cardiologist including MRTs, CT and X-Ray.

The sleep lab works with Resmed. I belive they will hook me up to a machine and try out settings in night 1. In night 2 they see how the settings work. Thats my understanding at least. 

In 2017 I was in a different lab and they found absolutely nothing. I guess you can tell from my screenshots that I really do have Apnea right?
Post Reply Post Reply
If they are finding antibodies for Lyme, I would definitely look into that. Are there Igm antibodies? Or just igg? Lyme, despite what much of the literature suggests, is in most cases a chronic condition if not treated promptly. I was diagnosed with lyme in 2017 after being bit by a tick in 2016. I believe that was the catalyst for my sleeping issues. I am still treating and have periods of predominately central apneas which I suspect may be from either lyme die off (herx) or a flares.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Erasing data on machine sleepingbetterinFl 8 217 03-11-2024, 03:03 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 5 484 03-09-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: phillyfan24
  [NEW USER] First Week - Help Getting Oriented rarmstrong26 4 202 03-05-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: rarmstrong26
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 222 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 682 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10
Money [Diagnosis] Severe Sleep Apnea - Titration Test Completed Apnea45 42 2,776 12-09-2023, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Apnea45

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.