Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I just got a puzzling email from MyAir?
RE: I just got a puzzling email from MyAir?
Yes, the airplane mode is the perfect solution to the data privacy problem. And I’m pretty sure that it works because the FAA would be extremely unhappy with them if it didn’t!

On the other hand I find MyAir useful as a continuous and convenient reminder that ResMed is strongly influenced—if not totally controlled— by not just idiots, but powerful and malicious idiots.
Post Reply Post Reply
cathyf I was diagnosed more than 30 years ago. I've only missed one night of treatment.

Here's my thoughts....

* thing are getting better
* I couldn't find that out until I found this forum
* my family doc was a quack.  I fired him
* my sleep-doc-from-*ell was dangerous; I made sure I never told him anything he could use to cause me grief.  He retired; I have a better sleep doc now. 
* CDN government listens to sleep docs.  4 hours use a night, at prescribed pressure is a cure. Restrictions on availability of machines is only to reduce costs. I couldn't get an apap until I used a work-around suggested to me here...ResMed "for her" is registered as a cpap in Ontario.

In that time machines are better. My sdfh didn't tell me that. I found out by accident.  I bought a used machine (100 hours) that had an SD card in it!

I believe that masks are better; however, they don't last as long.

My last two machines have been ResMed.  My first two were Respironics bricks. Both Respironics machines came from the Ontario hospital cpap mafia. Machine. Humidifier. Mask.  And one mask works with everyone. No substitutions.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2021, 04:53 AM)Ratchick Wrote: .....I have seen instructions for opening up your machine to remove the modem, but you do that at your own risk, obviously, and I personally wouldn't recommend it, especially if your machine is still within the warranty period....

I've seen a few people express concern about opening the unit to lift the connector to kill the cell radio voiding the warranty. Doing that in the US will not affect the warranty as long as you don't cause damage in the process. https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-re...y-coverage 

The whole concept of "Warranty Void if Removed stickers" and "warranty void if you use third party items with this device" actually violates federal law in the US. 
I actually had NEC try that on me with a commercial monitor that had a power supply failure and made smoke. We opened it to make sure no fire was inside. I got the "your warranty is void spiel" because we told them that we saw the burn mark on the PS. 
A couple of rounds of "you sure that you want to do that since you've put it in writing that you're voiding the warranty because we opened it and we are not "authorized", and not that we caused damage when we opened it - which you would have to evaluate... and you haven't seen it yet". You best check with someone who really knows your policy. They sent a truck with a box and the truck driver waited - yes waited - while we packed it in the box. 

Granted this is "medical equipment" but it's not life support. It's not something that going to directly cause a life safety issue if it simply stops working. So, opening it shouldn't affect the warranty - again, as long as you don't break it in the process.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [News] Apnea Board News 2023 email copy SuperSleeper 0 645 10-10-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 580 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My best streak so far on MyAir App scores DaveInDenver 1 440 09-13-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  AirSense 11 and MyAir App - Poor Experience necochino 29 4,461 08-24-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 461 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978
  new resmed user - question about Myair and airview wooders 4 1,051 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: krsattler
Gross [CPAP] No data being sent to myAir account. cuteandwicked 17 14,746 08-09-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.