Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I'm New To This - Here is A Little Info on my sleep study results
RE: I'm New To This - Here is A Little Info on my sleep study results
Check out the link below called mask primer. It talks about mouth leaks and how to fix them.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2018, 11:09 AM)ShaunBlake Wrote: Ron AKA can take his time getting a card; the device will store a lot of information, and when the card is inserted all of it will be automagically written to the card.
I''m not sure this is true. I got a new Airsense 10 Autoset about a year ago. It came without a card. It worked fine but when I finally got a card two weeks later it did not write complete data from the first two weeks to the card. It only wrote my AHI, the breakdown of events, and basic machine settings. There were no charts.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Per ResMed's Q&A segment website: View here

Q. How much storage does the S9 therapy device use on the SD card?
A. This varies depending on the size of the card. A 1GB SD card easily stores 365 days of usage data, 30 days of detailed data, and seven days of high-resolution data.

Coffee

PS I would think the 10 series would be similar.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2018, 02:58 PM)Melman Wrote:
(04-05-2018, 11:09 AM)ShaunBlake Wrote: Ron AKA can take his time getting a card; the device will store a lot of information, and when the card is inserted all of it will be automagically written to the card.
I''m not sure this is true. I got a new Airsense 10 Autoset about a year ago. It came without a card. It worked fine but when I finally got a card two weeks later it did not write complete data from the first two weeks to the card. It only wrote my AHI, the breakdown of events, and basic machine settings. There were no charts.

Oh, man!  Thanks for calling me on this, Melman, I made a statement based on what I've read and thought I had confirmed. Now that I think back to the time I left my card out, I can't say that my data were there -- in fact, I've got a strange gap in SH where it shows use and compliance but no data. I hadn't put the two issues together. I'll give it the real deal and report back in a few days.

Bummer! That suggests that the AirSense10 memory is smaller than I've understood or is underutilized. <crum>
Post Reply Post Reply
To the best of my knowledge, none of the detailed flow-related data is saved without the SD card present. Contrary to the S9, however, the AS10 will store complete data until the SD card is full. In my case, that was about a year and a half on my original 2 GB card.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, P holy, that explains and organizes the information I've collected and haphazardly stored... well, maybe not stored...

It's good to have that information (but not as good as “It's good to be the king.” ― Mel Brooks, "The History of the World") yet I'm going to execute my test to compare to my day with compliance and no data to solidify in my mind the cause of that anomaly.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2018, 01:38 PM)ramled99 Wrote: Wow.  I don't know what to say.  I really appreciate all of this information.  This is amazing.

For my first night, I did go into the clinical settings and turned the min pressure to 6.  I turned the EPR on and turned the Essentials to Plus.  I used the nasal pillows.

I definitely had a calmer sleep.  I did not wake up with a feeling of anxiety, hotness and racing pulse, like I usually do most mornings.  Does that mean I had good REM sleep?  Again, I have never had low energy during the day (for some reason) so I feel like I do any other time during the day.   I just felt like a i had calmer sleep.

I looked at my data from Myair, and it read the following:

My air score 100
70/70 usage hours
20/20 mask seal
1.6 events per hour (does that include CAs too?, not sure)
1 mask on/off

I think these numbers are good and it says "Excellent".

My nasal pillow mask felt pretty comfortable, although my nostrils are a little sore (just a little bit, nothing that I would say bothers me).  I did wake up a few times with my mouth open, and had to close it.  I felt a rush of air everytime I woke up and realized my mouth was open.  That happened at least 5 times, maybe more.  But I fell right back asleep. Wearing the nasal pillow mask was actually not bad at all.  I think my mind adjusted to the fact that I had it on and it made me naturally do less tossing and turning, as I normally would with no device attached to me.   The tubing was just fine and I did not feel like anything interfered with my space and body while laying down and sleeping. 

I woke up with a very slight sore throat and dry mouth.  But it went away as soon as I woke up and drank water.  Does that have to do with the humidity level, which I had on the default setting?

Obviously, I need to set up the Sleepyhead for more detailed data, which I will do.  

So right now, I would say my only issue is really waking up during the night because my mouth is open.  It sure would be nice to actually sleep through the night continuously.  

I did not have any issues with suffocated breathing, perhaps since I raised the minimum pressure to 6 instead of 4. 

I will keep everyone posted and I appreciate the continued tips, instructions and positive and honest feedback!

These MyAir results suggest you are getting excellent results.  The AHI is all types of apnea (OA and CA) and hypopnea.  Your time in therapy, lack of breaks and very good results suggest you're doing just fine.  You should download the free #Sleepyhead program to get even more details.  As far as settings go, you want to find out what the median and 90 or 95 percent pressure is during your therapy.  This will tell you how much variation in pressure is occurring.  Eventually, you will want to establish settings that keep pressure changes to less than a 5-cm spread from minimum to 95% (the pressure you are equal or less than 95% of the time).  This makes the therapy more comfortable and avoids sleep disruptions.  Again, your're doing fantastic for a new users.  Welcome to Apnea Board.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2018, 06:30 PM)pholynyk Wrote: To the best of my knowledge, none of the detailed flow-related data is saved without the SD card present. Contrary to the S9, however, the AS10 will store complete data until the SD card is full. In my case, that was about a year and a half on my original 2 GB card.

Thanks for the teaching moment. I forgot to mention the obvious, make sure the SD is inserted...

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2018, 07:13 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote:
(04-05-2018, 06:30 PM)pholynyk Wrote: To the best of my knowledge, none of the detailed flow-related data is saved without the SD card present. Contrary to the S9, however, the AS10 will store complete data until the SD card is full. In my case, that was about a year and a half on my original 2 GB card.

Thanks for the teaching moment. I forgot to mention the obvious, make sure the SD is inserted...

Coffee

Yep! Some good data are presented, but none of the squiggly lines we love so.

I am sad to not have last night's details but am pleased to learn the cause of the same issue back in February. hmm... now having a FlashAir card in the machine is even more attractive...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello All:

So far, so good.  Two nights and myair score has been 100 points.  First night 1.2 events per hour.  Second night 2.2 events per hour.   The second night, I used a mouth guard (boil and bite), and it kept my mouth closed most of the night.  I do not remember waking as a result of a rush of air coming out of my mouth.  i did wake up a time or two last night, but i can't say there was a reason, and i went right back to sleep.  

Both nights, I woke up calmer.  My mask fit and throat were much better the second night after I turned up the humidity level.

However, I just took a 1.6 hour nap today though using the CPAP, and the CPAP machine says I had 8.4 events per hour.  I did not have my mouth guard in, so I assume that's what created the events?

Does anyone have more apneas with napping than overnight?  Should I stop taking naps?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 88 1,526 56 minutes ago
Last Post: PandaZA
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 132 20,298 58 minutes ago
Last Post: Olym19841988
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 95 1 hour ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 3 108 8 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Diagnosis] Got sleep study results and I am quite fustrated ewarner64 10 257 Yesterday, 01:16 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 22 507 Yesterday, 10:19 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,506 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.