Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ??
RE: I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ??
In case this helps....

anxiety--I use a holistic remedy.
Passion Flower.

It's a tincture I buy at a health food store. I buy it with an eye dropper dispenser.
Dr. Oz recommended it on his show years ago; he suggested using the eye dropper, fill it and swallow the tincture. Taste--a little bit strange. Fixes my anxiety issues. He recommended it for stress release.

Mine is made by StFrancis herb farm. I know your environment will be different.

I sleep better if I take it when I need it....used it for many years.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
At 00:38:30 you have flow limitation coming into the arousal at 00:39:20. This is a RERA with recovery breathing, which leads to a momentary pause in respiration, so the CA is false. The screenshot at 02:32 is showing inspiratory flow limitation that would best be addressed with additional pressure support, or possibly is related to positional issues. If this is not positional, the argument for bilevel is increasing from first impressions, and the CA is incidental to obstruction.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2023, 08:10 AM)DaveL Wrote: In case this helps....

anxiety--I use a holistic remedy.  
Passion Flower.

It's a tincture I buy at a health food store. I buy it with an eye dropper dispenser.
Dr. Oz recommended it on his show years ago; he suggested using the eye dropper, fill it and swallow the tincture. Taste--a little bit strange.  Fixes my anxiety issues. He recommended it for stress release.

Mine is made by StFrancis herb farm.  I know your environment will be different.

I sleep better if I take it when I need it....used it for many years.

I take every day many herbs and indeed passion flower, beside drugs : Diazepam, things like that with low success...

Problem is I don't feel so anxyious every day, that's why I hope Bilevel could be an help in my case...
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2023, 08:17 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: At 00:38:30 you have flow limitation coming into the arousal at 00:39:20. This is a RERA with recovery breathing, which leads to a momentary pause in respiration, so the CA is false.  The screenshot at 02:32 is showing inspiratory flow limitation that would best be addressed with additional pressure support, or possibly is related to positional issues.  If this is not positional, the argument for bilevel is increasing from first impressions, and the CA is incidental to obstruction.

In case it could be positionnal you think cervical collar could be an aid ??

But I prefer to be helped with Bilevel.

I have an appointement Friday with a Doctor to talk about that.
Post Reply Post Reply
The flow limits are real, and normally can be addressed with bilevel. As I said before, the incidental CA events often respond to the trigger settings on a Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto or S. When looking at your chart, how much does tidal volume or minute vent drip during periods of high flow limitation?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2023, 10:10 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The flow limits are real, and normally can be addressed with bilevel. As I said before, the incidental CA events often respond to the trigger settings on a Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto or S.  When looking at your chart, how much does tidal volume or minute vent drip during periods of high flow limitation?

I am not sure to answer correctly but here is the chart with Tidal Volume :

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi

This morning I feel better.
Pressure 8.4-12 EPR 3
AHI 2.6 / FL 0.09

Here's the night chart :

And the CA capture at 2:55 when my AHI was at max :

Can we still considerer that is a false CA ?

Thanks
Serge
Post Reply Post Reply
And for the sake of completeness, here are O2 ring datas last time I used it

Post Reply Post Reply
I had my appointment this morning with the "doctor". She told me that maybe I don't have true apnea but only anxiety disorder which affect sleep.
She said RERA/UARS does not really exist...

And she asked me to try to sleep without CPAP or dental appliance for a moment, to check how I feel. Because my initial exam showed AHI 24 which is low.

Disappointing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not knowing your situation, but I think I would start looking for another doctor. Oh-jeez

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 135 04-17-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: PeachPhantom
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 3 224 04-16-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  New Bilevel user help with settings (oscar attached) opo218 6 131 04-15-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: opo218
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 472 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel Deborah K. 109 8,765 04-08-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 172 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  I got a ResVent 30STA Bilevel TechieHippie 17 479 04-06-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.