Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I tried everything I can to tune my machine to my needs but I need more help.
Brick 
I tried everything I can to tune my machine to my needs but I need more help.
I have been using CPAP for 2 years. I still don't feel good. Waking up with headaches and I'm fatigued all day. I'm waking up 5-10 times a night (mostly towards the early morning). I am getting mouth leaks. I tape my mouth shut but the pressure still leaks into my mouth. 

I use Bleep Dreamport because I am very sensitive to pressure around my head.

I also have chronic nasal congestion. (Still not sure why). But I think this is contributing. Maybe that means I have UARS?

My AHI looks fine but I don't feel fine and I'm waking up a lot so I would really appreciate if someone could look at my OSCAR data. 

OSCAR and ResMed split days at 10 am pst, but I sleep past that time, so please excuse me if the data is kinda messy. (Can I change this?) I used the machine for ~10 hours. ~8 of those hours will be labeled as April 21 and 2 of those hours will be labeled as Apr 22. Also, note that the Details overview for April 21 will include a small portion of the previous morning in its breakdown due to the same issue.

Also, I tried looking for what kind of data to include but I can't find guidelines so please let me know if I am missing anything helpful. I'll just zoom into some events or something?

Attached Files
.zip   oscar_heelbruise.zip (Size: 543.2 KB / Downloads: 15)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I tried everything I can to tune my machine to my needs but I need more help.
I can't directly address your therapy question but can comment on OSCAR.  The ResMed CPAP machines split the day at noon, not 10 am, and OSCAR should do the same.  Is the clock set correctly to your local time on your CPAP machine? 

You might consider upgrading to the newest version of OSCAR, version 1.1.0.  Version 1.1.0 will do a better job of including the useful data in a screenshot.  In 1.1.0, just select menu item View/Reset Graphs/Standard and OSCAR will arrange the graphs in what is usually the most useful order for analysis.  Then you can include a screenshot that includes the first six graphs.  Generally, we like to see the overview graphs before zooming into specific events, but feel free to include zoomed screenshots as well as the full version if you have questions about those events.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I tried everything I can to tune my machine to my needs but I need more help.
G'day Heelbruise. Welcome to Apnea Board.

The guidelines for formatting your Oscar pages are in my signature below. Please attach your screenshots directly to your post, not in a zip file - just makes it easier for us to see what you've got.

The main thing that jumps out is the persistent high leaks you're experiencing. If your leaks go over the redline of 24 L/min the machine struggles to maintain pressure and cannot effectively diagnose or treat your apneas. Even if the leak doesn't go over the red line, a persistent leak can disturb your sleep and stop you getting well rested. The leaks are the first thing you need to address, and that might come down to using a different mask or using your existing mask in a different way. Can I suggest you read our very comprehensive mask primer which will give lots of advice on choosing and using masks, and managing leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] A few weeks in, how can I fine tune my settings? Keicereal 5 371 12-18-2023, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Keicereal
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,144 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] New CPAP User Looking to Tune Settings with OSCAR squaredr 4 626 10-15-2023, 12:52 PM
Last Post: squaredr
  Please help me fine tune my Dreamstation 2 drzebra 2 438 05-18-2023, 07:57 PM
Last Post: drzebra
  CAs in the early morning, lots of brainfog, looking for tips to tune my machine justaguy54321 3 580 04-25-2023, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,790 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,319 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.