Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I wake up every morning NOT wearing my mask
RE: I wake up every morning NOT wearing my mask
here's another silly idea: tie a ribbon or string or neck tie etc. to both wrists, leaving IDK maybe 24" of slack between them. that should be enough to allow you some freedom of movement; then when you sleepily reach to rip off the mask with one hand, it'll pull on the other arm and rouse you enough to hopefully stop the action. however you manage it, it's obviously important to figure out why you're doing it. besides the oscar charts and maybe a video camera, forcing yourself to wake at the time of the offense to observe what's happening might help you figure it out.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I wake up every morning NOT wearing my mask
(10-10-2019, 05:34 PM)sheepless Wrote: here's another silly idea: tie a ribbon or string or neck tie etc. to both wrists, leaving IDK maybe 24" of slack between them.  that should be enough to allow you some freedom of movement; then when you sleepily reach to rip off the mask with one hand, it'll pull on the other arm and rouse you enough to hopefully stop the action.  however you manage it, it's obviously important to figure out why you're doing it.  besides the oscar charts and maybe a video camera, forcing yourself to wake at the time of the offense to observe what's happening might help you figure it out.

OR maybe that causes 45thronin to hit self with a knockout punch to the chin and doesn't rip the mask off. OK well we solved your mask removal thing. Smile
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 123 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong
  ENT / Morning Sleep r4robin 4 206 03-07-2024, 06:12 PM
Last Post: r4robin
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 525 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Still wake up using CPAP urachan 3 339 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: urachan
  Haven't been able to fall asleep wearing biPAP AlgebraicMisery 1 240 02-17-2024, 07:25 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Events worse in the morning and events in general getting worse Elizabeth79 45 1,996 02-14-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Elizabeth79
  Weird spikes and then I wake up tiredguy1 4 294 02-12-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.