Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I was doing good progress but suddenly can't take it anymore
I was doing good progress but suddenly can't take it anymore
Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea in January and initially bought a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset with an Airfit F20 (size Small) as my insurance wasn't expected to cover it. Initially set at 4-20cmH2O, I struggled to wear the CPAP for more than two hours at a time. After researching on this forum, I adjusted the settings to 6-20cmH2O with EPR set at 1, which improved my usage to about 4 hours on average.

A month later, I received a Resmed 11 Autoset and switched to a size Medium F20, which further increased my nightly usage to 5-6 hours, occasionally reaching 8 hours. However, starting April 3rd, I've only managed to use the machine for up to 2 hours a night for the past two weeks.

Suspecting the mask was the issue, I tried switching to a nasal pillows mask (the N30), but reverted to the F20 with a new cushion after two days due to discomfort. Despite this, I'm still unable to use it for more than 1-2 hours, and my symptoms have returned.

Things I tried tweaking the settings of my humidifier and Tube temp, using my other CPAP machine Airsense 10 and so different strap tightness

Thank in advance for the help and suggestions. 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I was doing good progress but suddenly can't take it anymore
Try a night with EPR 3 and see if that helps. You seem to really be bothered with any flow limits and EPR 3 should help that.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I see that your median pressure is 8.02, so I suggest you do what Staceyburke said and also raise your beginning pressure to 8.  Those changes should make you more comfortable.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you soooo much for your replies, I set the min to 8 and EPR 3 and managed to get 5hrs on with the mask last night, I wanted to upload my oscar chart but I forgot to put the SD card back 
I’m excited to use my Cpap again Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
This is my Oscar chart from the last 2 nights I managed to get almost 5hours total each night but I still don't know why I keep removing my mask It does start feeling a bit too tight and a bit wet, I changed the tube settings to off last night and maybe I should dial back the humidity to 4 ?

Post Reply Post Reply
A tight mask means something isn't great for you. A snug mask can be fine, but going tight into uncomfortable not a great thing. Maybe the cushion size needs looked at, maybe a nasal pillows for max minimalist.

On the humidity, you need to find a balance between Auto or manual mode, 1-8 humidity, and then the heated hose. Another area may be looking into a hose cover and a hose hanger to have the hose hanging in an inverted V. This has extra moisture running back to the CPAP and not to the mask.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AHI looks good, but still feeling bad nh00 45 3,141 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  BiPAP doesn't work anymore ohno 1 166 08-22-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 121 5,643 08-18-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Lots of flow limitations but good leak rate (restarting CPAP after 2 years off) sleepy331 10 450 08-14-2024, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 12 842 08-12-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Good doctors LordofthStrings 8 304 07-27-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 150 6,650 07-08-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Schernenk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.