Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

If I wasn't convinced before....
If I wasn't convinced before....
last night hubby set an alarm for 4am (arghghghg) it didn't wake him at all (he is half deaf) but it sure woke me and I had to severely pound him to get him to shut it off and get up. Somehow I got a sleepy idea that I had to get up and pulled my mask off, but then looked at clock and knew I did not have to for a while and managed to fall back to sleep without the pap. It must have been in the middle of my can't-wake time because I have a vague memory of rousing while making a khhkhhhkhhh sound in my throat over and over, but didnt fully wake for about an hour and a half - and oh mannnn do I have a filthy headache today! just like the ones I used to have all the time, and I am sooo tired. Do not want to do this again! and that is after 5 good hours of sleep! Hammer
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: If I wasn't convinced before....
Yeah, before I got a data capable machine, I sometimes used an oximeter. I had it on one night and in the morning, turned off the machine but didn't take off the oximeter. (takes me a while to be able to get up) I was petting one of the dogs and he was sooo comfortable, I fell back asleep for roughly an hour. Woke back up feeling like crap. And the oximeter told me why. With the CPAP, my O2 rarely moves, even with events. Lowest it got during the night was 89%. The graph looked all smooth and pretty.

But during that hour I think it got down to 70%. And it looked like an seismic chart. All over the place.

Now I don't take off the mask until I am ready to sit up. I don't often fall back asleep but why take that chance? It ruins my entire day.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have yanked the mask off several times in the middle of the night for no reason that I know except for a couple of them were because I thought I *had* to get up... but until this morning, I have put it right back on within 5 minutes tops, because it is just not comfy to not breathe. I dunno what ate my brain this morning! When I am awake, I always swear I won't do it again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't feel bad. I ended up getting up the other morning to feed the cat at about 5 AM (he has us well trained). Put the mask on and went back to bed. Woke up about 8 and reached over to turn the machine off and it beeped. I also felt an on-rush of air. Seems I fell back asleep with the mask on and never turned the machine back on. No wonder I felt like I got up at 5 all day. Proves, that even with a FFM you can still breathe.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply
Not if you are a ghost. Bag-head

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What convinced you? taylorgtr 23 1,762 11-15-2022, 11:15 PM
Last Post: joepublic23
  [split] New to CPAP - Not Convinced Yet Sylvia Wiebe 8 918 07-07-2021, 01:26 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  If it wasn't for bad luck......... Big Guy 7 1,276 07-07-2019, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  So comfy, I thought it wasn't working Hydrangea 18 3,369 01-20-2017, 02:37 AM
Last Post: ppca
  CPAP wasn't working - Found solution napnaptime 7 2,614 07-12-2016, 08:52 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  the gas wasn't so bad! plaidwandering 2 1,238 05-14-2016, 05:53 PM
Last Post: green wings
Grin I made it 4:31 hrs last night and it WASN'T miserable! allynpsych 9 2,348 04-18-2016, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Rjhoeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.