Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

If You Choose To Use Bottled Water In Your Humidifier
RE: If You Choose To Use Bottled Water In Your Humidifier
We have a ZeroWater pitcher, but I just use tap water for my CPAP machine. The reservoir gets emptied each & every morning like clockwork. Gets dumped, wiped dry with a paper towel, and then allowed to air dry some. 

About once every two weeks, I use some vinegar in the reservoir and it totally removes any residue build-up.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the Zero water at our cottage where we have well water with iron and calcium carbonate solids. It works great for use to improve drinking, use in the coffee maker, ice cubes and of course humidifier. I don't have a whole-house water softener or filter, so I use about 2 filters per 6 month season and oddly enough, they were just delivered today. $24.99 for 2 filters.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2021, 08:34 PM)verysincere Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 07:34 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Many of the newer refrigerators have water dispensers that use an activated charcoal water filter.  This could be another consideration.

Activated charcoal is great for removing various odors, sediments and even dangerous contaminants like VOCs and organometalic compounds.  It will NOT remove the calcium, magnesium, iron, carbonates, sulfates, etc. that constitute the most common TDS responsible for hard water. It will not soften the water.

I use a distiller that costs me about 35cents per gallon.  If I didn't put distilled water in my Bilevel machine, I would certainly depend upon the reverse-osmosis water from my kitchen unit. 

When I lived within a mile of a major fracking operation, I distilled my CPAP water and then ran the product through activated charcoal. That's because some VOC's have boiling points sufficiently close to that of water such that they are not necessarily removed by the distillation process. Activated charcoal is great for absorbing any remaining benzene, for example. (Some studies have detected disturbing levels of benzene within a few mile radius of a fracking operation so I didn't take any chances.)

Thanks for the update.

(Some long time ago....NSA did multi level marketing.  Sold their activated charcoal filters, but not very well.)

Dave
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 93 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 87 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,807 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 182 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 763 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.