Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Illuminated Screen
Illuminated Screen
Are their any controls for the illuminated screen on my ResMed Airsense 10? Specifically, I would like the screen to stay on (dimly) all night. Now it shuts off in less than a minute, which is not long enough for me to see all I want.
Began APAP 11/28/17
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Illuminated Screen
Don't think so. You'll just have to hit the big button and turn the light back on.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'll echo Walla Walla on this. Illumination is automatically controlled.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ditto.

I would love for it to remain on, or at least user-selectable.

Probably works the way it does because it is intended to aid sleep, and like "a watched pot never boils", someone intent on personally monitoring their pressure won't sleep well.

I used to feel the same way about having it on... I got over it after a few months.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I use smart start and don’t even look at the machine anymore I put on the mask, breathe sort leaks and try to sleep
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2017, 11:12 PM)CB91710 Wrote: Ditto.

I would love for it to remain on, or at least user-selectable.

...{snip }...

I agree that user-selectable would be a nice option.  In this day and age of electronics, it should be a no-brainer from the mfgr.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2017, 02:01 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: I use smart start and don’t even look at the machine anymore I put on the mask, breathe sort leaks and try to sleep

I use this as well, but I do look at what pressure it is getting up to, but the light goes out before it settles at any pressure!
I just wish it would stay on for five minutes and half light, then go dim, then off, total time 10 minutes.  This could have been easily made select able or left as is.
I could never understand why it went out so quickly anyway.
I suppose the manufacturers can't win, I remember they got a lot of complaints about just buttons staying light during the night.
They should make these things switchable to get the best of both.
I don't think it can be done, however, I just accepted that this is how it operated.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Well it's not like people are going to say "Oh no I'm not buying ResMed because the light goes out too fast".
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2017, 07:55 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Well it's not like people are going to say "Oh no I'm not buying ResMed because the light goes out too fast".

Huhsign You not been in the people service industry?  There are people that would do just that.
Some even buy the "For her Airsense 10" because it looks better!   Dont-know

Not that there is anything wrong with that.  But that is just an example!
You have not met my missis yet have you?
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed doesn't consider the users only the sellers. That doesn't sound like a service industry.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation 2 ramps down as soon as touch screen is touched bcodemz 3 507 10-23-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Airsense 11 how do you turn off this bloody touch screen tierdal 12 3,489 07-22-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: silverdr
  [Equipment] Screen Light - how to turn off Hopingforachange 4 2,217 04-04-2023, 01:50 AM
Last Post: zellem
  A10 Mod: Anyone Know How To Keep The Screen Bright When Lights Are Off? player 5 4,930 01-26-2023, 04:39 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Does AirMini app have a histogram screen? tfield98 5 1,110 11-15-2022, 05:14 AM
Last Post: Brentjackson
  Why is my screen stuck in therapy mode? BobbieM 0 658 08-16-2022, 09:35 PM
Last Post: BobbieM
  From where is the AS10 screen sleep data derived? Doctor 6 846 04-06-2022, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Doctor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.