Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Importing into Australia and Health Insurance
Importing into Australia and Health Insurance
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy either a Resmed AirSense10 AutoSet or a Philips DreamStation Auto and I'm wondering if any Aussies have any info regarding health insurance reimbursement (I'm with HBF) for imported machines.  Do they care where it comes from?

Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Importing into Australia and Health Insurance
I bought an Resmed AirCurve 10 vAuto bilevel machine for my wife from US a couple years ago, 
and we have private health insurance with HCF.
The insurance company don't care where you get them from, and all you would need is your doctor 
to provide your referal stating that you need a cpap machine for treatment of sleep apnea. 
In the referal make sure the doctor specify the name and model of the machine.
One you get this referal, together with the invoice of the purchase and present them to the 
insurance company.
With HCF, there is a set amount they will refund you for purchasing a cpap machine. 
Two years ago it was $500 for every three years.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Importing into Australia and Health Insurance
Thanks for the helpful reply.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,515 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Gut Absorbtion Health? Zoltyzolt 0 88 03-21-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Zoltyzolt
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  React Health Luna G3 CPAP apotter11 3 201 03-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,526 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 274 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  REBATE on your Electricity bill [Australia] libster 0 173 02-05-2024, 07:27 PM
Last Post: libster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.