Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

In Need of explanation of results of Cervical Collar Experiment
RE: In Need of explanation of results of Cervical Collar Experiment
Thank you Bonjour.  Shy

(I did not mean to imply that I felt special about my airway.  I was referring to the following that was posted to me by another member :

"Impression is that measures to correct positional apnea such as using lower or different shape pillow or a soft cervical collar will likely help , however flow limitation is constant and may be the result of physical obstruction in the nose or upper airway.  Higher EPR will slightly improve this flow limitation by offering more inspiratory pressure support, but flow limitation may not resolve without bielvel pressure support of 4 to 6 cm.  A professional medcal evaluation of airway (nasal pharyngeal) to identify the cause(s) of upper airway restriction should be considered. Overall, while the event rate is mild with CPAP treatment, this kind of sleep disruption is very difficult to tolerate and the sufferer normally complains of non-restorative sleep and poor therapy results.")

Regards as always,

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: In Need of explanation of results of Cervical Collar Experiment
I got lost between your other thread and your email to me, I do suggest that you get this thread merged into your other thread, I just spent 20 minutes searching for this thread which should have been in your main thread.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Comparison - Cervical Collar vs No Cervical Collar phoen1kx 9 222 Yesterday, 11:26 AM
Last Post: phoen1kx
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 181 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 158 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 132 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,178 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.