Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

In the past 2-3 weeks, my AHI during afternoon nap rose to 20-40
Question 
In the past 2-3 weeks, my AHI during afternoon nap rose to 20-40
Hello,

In the past 2-3 weeks, with CPAP - my AHI readings have gone up quite a bit during afternoon naps, between 20 - 40 range.  Pressure usually reached max of 19.9.  Very little leakage.

My night AHI is still normal - under 5 mostly and not reaching maximum

I am confused and asked for advice.  My sleep doctor is out on vacation. 

Thank you,
Raymond
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: In the past 2-3 weeks, my AHI during afternoon nap rose to 20-40
It would be helpful if you would update replace sleepyhead with OSCAR. It's free and is being supported. Either way, you can post an overnight screenshot of the time in question. There's so many variables, without the chart it's going to be very difficult to give much to help out.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It has been my experience that my "nap" chart looks quite different from my "sleep" chart. Because of the short duration, it appears that the sleep/wake junk is a larger proportion of the chart span and usually results in rather wonky readers. I ignore my nap time readings.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
(04-01-2024, 04:56 PM)srlevine1 Wrote: It has been my experience that my "nap" chart looks quite different from my "sleep" chart. Because of the short duration, it appears that the sleep/wake junk is a larger proportion of the chart span and usually results in rather wonky readers. I ignore my nap time readings.

Thank you for your advice!
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
(03-31-2024, 10:53 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: It would be helpful if you would update replace sleepyhead with OSCAR. It's free and is being supported. Either way, you can post an overnight screenshot of the time in question. There's so many variables, without the chart it's going to be very difficult to give much to help out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry didn't catch that...Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First couple of weeks treatment and first post including OSCAR Charts MrSleep86 1 75 Yesterday, 06:45 AM
Last Post: MrSleep86
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 12 626 04-16-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Rising AHI the last couple of weeks Brimstone 7 287 04-12-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Brimstone
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 269 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Trialing a Dreamstation (2?) for 4 weeks NeedSleepPlease 46 1,811 03-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: NeedSleepPlease
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 841 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 369 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.