Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Incline bed
Incline bed
Hey guys so my bed is at a 6-9 inch incline and I was wondering if there will be any issue with doing cpap on that incline. Will my chin be more likely to hit my chest?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Incline bed
If your device is on that incline, and with a humidifier, then yes, you could have a problem. Just you, no problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay sweet, yup it’s just me on the incline lol!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepgains,
I've been sleeping on an an incline for over 5 years with no issues at all. As long as your not on your back too much and that you pillows aren't real thick and puffy, you should be fine.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What do you think of no pillow at all?
Post Reply Post Reply
Probably should be OK. I'd chalk that to personal preference.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have slept in an inclined position (adjustable bed) for 5+ years now. Have tried pillows, no pillows, and a round roll pillow. I found the round roll pillow worked best for me since I started xPAP. It's ~8" diameter and ~14" long. Followed by no pillows which was so-so. Using a regular pillow I found my chin tucking too often. Tried the soft cervical collar as recommended here but it wasn't for me.
Try different things and see what works best for you.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you need the following sign for your inclined bed, you're tilting it a bit too much

[Image: KtW3Ll1.png]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
lmfao
Post Reply Post Reply
Only time I've slept in an incline bed, was back in Nov. of 2016, when I had a total right knee replacement. My surgeon did not want me sleeping on my side for a few nights.

I didn't need or require any pain meds, and I slept okay from what I can recall. It was only a 2 night stay in the hospital. Other than that experience, I don't think that I could sleep in an incline bed, as I am a side sleeper.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleeping on incline Gogirl 4 754 05-11-2023, 09:10 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Sleeping flat VS Incline Johnnyde94 11 1,919 12-08-2020, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.