Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Increased Pressure, now waking up a ton???
Increased Pressure, now waking up a ton???
Hi everyone,

I've had my machine for about 2 years, set to APAP between 6-10. It worked decent enough,  but I still woke up a little towards the morning, but I felt better. My AHI was around 9. I knew it wasn't perfect, but again, I felt better. 

Also, I went on vacation in July and August and didn't use a cpap then and didn't wake up that much even without it.

Anyway, my doctor recently changed my settings from APAP to CPAP with a pressure of 9. My AHI went down to 5 the first few nights, but I still woke up a little towards morning. But i was so happy with the 5 AHI. 

I kept fiddling with the pressure, going up a little, to 9.4, and down to 8.8 etc. to try to find the perfect pressure for me.

BUT then around 14 days ago, I started waking up a LOT all through the night. It's been hell. It's been like when I first discovered I had sleep apnea, for the year before I went and got my machine.

Since I started waking up in the last 14 days, I have tried going back to APAP, and then back to CPAP with the different settings around 9, and even without the machine. Nothing seems to work. I wake up a ton, all through the night. 

Does anybody know what is going on??

If it matters, I don't wake up gasping. It's weird...it's like my eyes are open, and I realize slowly that I am awake, but my eyes have been open already and I just gain consciousness, if that makes sense, and if that matters. 

Thank you in advance for your help. I'm really discouraged by this set back.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Increased Pressure, now waking up a ton???
What is the makeup of your AHI we need more information. Download Oscar the link is in my signature and post a daily graph, without this information we would be guessing and we don’t like guessing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Greg, it would help you and help us if you will download the free OSCAR software and install it on a laptop or Mac computer. You can then view your therapy results and share a couple charts with us. I can honestly promise that our ability to interpret your therapy results will give you insights you can discuss with your doctor that you won't get any other way. We can see issues in OSCAR that your doctor cannot, and we know of tools available in your Resmed Autoset that the doctors an therapists are not aware of. Without the data it's all a guess.

One of the key features of your machine is EPR (exhale pressure relief), which gives your machine the equivalent to bilevel (BiPAP) capability. If you want to leverage that, post a chart. Instructions for organizing and attaching charts are in my signature links.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi guys,

OK, thank you so much for your response. I will figure out how to import the data and upload it. 

Best,
Greg
Post Reply Post Reply
        Hi all,

Ok, I will attach screenshots from OSCAR for the last 2 nights. It says an AHI of around 6, which is lower than I'm used to, but I woke up a lot during both nights. I sleep a lot sometimes, so it will say I used it for 14 hours on one night lol. 

Another question: I put in the SD card 2 days ago when I was figuring it out, and I could access all of my days info. But I didn't turn on the WRITE PROTECT mode that time. 

Today when I put in the SD card, I could access the last 2 nights, but all the other nights I could not. It just said, "Summary Only, There is no data to graph". 

Is this because I didn't turn on the WRITE PROTECT MODE? Have I ruined my SD card for good?

Thank you,
Greg
Post Reply Post Reply
With the airsense 10 there is no need to write protect the SD card. It must however be in the machine when you sleep with it otherwise only summary data is written to the card when it is inserted again. If you still only get summary data after using the machine with the SD card in it then maybe a format is required.
Post Reply Post Reply
The SD card was always in the machine when I used it
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi guys,

OK, sorry for the confusion. I hope this thread is not becoming terrible.

I uninstalled OSCAR, and then Re installed it and I now have access to all my data.

So I have uploaded 2 nights already in this thread. Those 2 nights are recent, with the fixed pressure, and I am waking up a lot.

I will upload here 2 nights back in June when I wasn't waking up a ton...hope that info helps. 

Let me know if you need any more information.

Thank you,
Greg

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not myself seeing why you were sleeping better earlier than you are now, judging from these two pairs of charts. Have you started or stopped any medications? Have you changed any habits around, e.g., spending time outdoors or exercising? Any changes in stress levels?

I notice that you tend to sleep for long periods of time, both when you feel more rested and when you feel less rested. Can you say a little about why you think that is?

I hope an expert will be by soon to give you some advice about your settings, as your AHI, then and now, is too high, with lots of CAs and a fairly active FL graph.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know...things were not great before...but now they are very bad. I at least didn't feel like I woke up a ton before. Now I do.

The only thing that has changed is that before I was on apap and now cpap. But like I said, now i have tried going back to apap and I still wake up a lot.

I sleep a lot because I am on meds for depression and they cause fatigue. It is a very bad side effect...the amount of fatigue I have, and it sucks, but the alternative is very bad so that is a constant struggle.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SleepHQ O2 Ring Alarm waking me up MurrayApnea 1 185 04-19-2024, 08:53 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 228 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross Waking up anxious Gailofiowa 3 129 04-09-2024, 08:10 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 355 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Worrying session last night - hypopneas increased tenfold! BigWing 12 407 03-23-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: BigWing
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 407 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 213 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.