Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Indication of Covid-19 from Oscar Chart?
Indication of Covid-19 from Oscar Chart?
Have there been any cases of an indication of onset of Covid-19 infection based on changes in Oscar chart data or an increase in aerophagia? Is it possible that our CPAP data might indicate an infection prior to the onset of common Covid-19 symptoms?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Indication of Covid-19 from Oscar Chart?
I can't see how.

It might be possible to see some evidence of related conditions like pneumonia?

Interestingly, I've had an unrelated (non-COVID) bad cold the past couple of weeks, the first one since I've been on PAP therapy. Even at the tail end of it, my AHI is measurably higher than normal.
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2020, 09:23 AM)encourage Wrote: Have there been any cases of an indication of onset of Covid-19 infection based on changes in Oscar chart data or an increase in aerophagia? Is it possible that our CPAP data might indicate an infection prior to the onset of common Covid-19 symptoms?
...good question
....not sure on covid-19. However, from my experience, Respiratory Rate is highly sensitive to my infections/fever , when I had one last year (tracheo brochites, I think; following a cold). RR gradually increased from some 14.5/15.0 to  some 21; stay there for while, and started to decrease gradually, as long as antibiotic acted. It took some 10-15 days to back to normal .

good luck

Post Reply Post Reply
....median RR, by the way

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 235 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 97 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  New User Please Help with my chart apapnoob 11 503 02-04-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
  Covid Induced CA (Potentially) + UARS, Looking for Help with ASV Settings zfaulk 22 1,988 01-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: subconscious
  Japanese sleep test vs. Lofta/WatchPAT discrepancy + flow chart morphology analysis? woodenwaterbottle 3 4,414 01-24-2024, 03:05 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Sad Higher AHI after Covid Recovery - Oscar Data amfar33 3 352 01-12-2024, 12:17 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Started on BiLevel for UARS, how does chart look? squashedlikeabug 5 516 01-04-2024, 01:30 PM
Last Post: squashedlikeabug

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.