Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Inspire User
Inspire User
Hi All.  New to the board, but i have been lurking for awhile.  I have mostly been focusing on those who had, or were considering, Inspire.  I have been suffering from sleep apnea for about 20 years.  I could not tolerate a CPAP or BiPAP.  Oral appliances didn't help either.  So, after moving and getting a new ENT, he told me about Inspire.  Although it sounded scary, I was pretty much willing to try anything as my AHI was 41 and I feel like I haven't slept in years, lived on aspirin and generally always felt crappy(you know I'm sure).  So, after 1 denial by my insurance the Inspire folks helped me appeal, and I got approved.  I had the surgery, and it wasn't fun.  I'm 61 and that probably had something to do with it.  After 5 weeks my side is still a bit tender, but getting better.  Last week My device was activated.  I didn't sleep much the first night, but what little sleep I got was great.  The second night was much better.  The third night I cranked it up one level, and the next day I felt better than I have in 20 years!  I have bumped it up twice more, going two nights at the next level.  Each night has been better.  Just in the past week this has been a true blessing to me(and my wife).  My wife said my snoring is next to non-existent.  I would be glad to answer any questions.  For me, Inspire has given me hope that I can lead a higher-quality life.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Inspire User
Interesting, and glad to hear that it's working out for you. It'll be interesting to follow this thread.  Thumbs-up-2
Post Reply Post Reply
Lucky! It took me probably 4 months to get acclimated and feel consistent benefit.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's a pretty long period of time, considering it's an invasive type surgery.
Post Reply Post Reply
That’s not to say I didn’t get any benefit out the gate. It was maybe two weeks before Inspire did better than my oral appliance and slowly got better from there. In my defense I’m a light sleeper and had to be persistent at acclimation (no the global plague and having a newborn in the house didn’t help).
Post Reply Post Reply
A newborn in the house explains it

Congrats by the way.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2020, 08:39 PM)Malloc Wrote: Lucky! It took me probably 4 months to get acclimated and feel consistent benefit.

Not 100% there yet, but close!
Post Reply Post Reply
I will be getting Inspire in 2 weeks. I realize there will be a recovery time, and that will vary with the individual. My concern is once recovered, will the pec implant limit my mobility for activities like golf, swimming, lifting weights, etc. The people on the Inspire website aren’t mentioning more vigorous activities. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2023, 01:22 AM)Marv8776 Wrote: I will be getting Inspire in 2 weeks. I realize there will be a recovery time, and that will vary with the individual. My concern is once recovered, will the pec implant limit my mobility for activities like golf, swimming, lifting weights, etc.  The people on the Inspire website aren’t mentioning more vigorous activities. Thanks.

Since this thread is 3 years old, you will probably do better starting your own post on the topic.
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inspire and CPAP Alternatives and Updates Comfortcomposites 7 931 12-11-2023, 11:03 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Inspire Implant : My Journey Malloc 42 15,063 10-24-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Mobility after Inspire Implant Marv8776 3 974 09-13-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Inspire Users goofy03744 0 502 05-01-2023, 06:13 PM
Last Post: goofy03744
  Inspire? dunhamg 33 9,950 03-04-2023, 12:16 PM
Last Post: BreatheRight
  Advice from ENT Steven park : Anybody had inspire device or epiglottis surgery? Johnson4 1 1,260 08-01-2022, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anyone try the Inspire treatment? manjojam 2 1,612 06-13-2022, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.