Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Installing SQL for EncorePro
RE: Installing SQL for EncorePro
(12-29-2019, 09:58 PM)sawinglogz Wrote: What version of Windows are you running? And is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

Server 2019 64bit.

Fwiw, I was able to install the software using the custom option and following the instructions from here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid289955
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2019, 08:04 PM)JoeZzz Wrote:
(12-06-2019, 04:47 PM)Dee Nyal Wrote: It isn't going well with 2.24.

Select Type
advanced is forced

Select Features
all are checked

Database Server
no server is shown
attempt to proceed results in: Failed to connect to given server
there were authentication boxes that are in the 2.23 install

Backup to Select Features
uncheck Database  and continue

Select Server
(local)\ENCOREPRO2 is shown
click on Find Server and error results
This server does not exist or does not contain an EncorePro version 2.24 Database

Cannot proceed.

I note the comment about unlocking the software after downloading. I assume that the unlocking is after installation.

I did uninstall or delete everything I could find that was related to SQL.

Has anyone been successful in installing 2.24?

Exactly the same result for me. Advanced install forced, then stuck when asked for a database...
:-(

If you still want/need EncorePro 2.24 it can be installed using SQL. It is much easier than you think. Start with the SQL Express linked in this thread which is known to work. But, and this is the secret, do not use the Basic install. Go the full monty. During the install you will be prompted for configuration. The first you need will be for Mixed Mode Authentication, check that box. Next you will see Filestream, Support and Filestream Full Access, check both boxes. When the SQL install completes you will be able to install EncorePro 2.24 without incident. There is no need to go through the agony of SQL Server Management Studio.

I did note  a difference in disposition of the SD card from the instructions applicable to earlier versions., If you want to retain all your data do not check either of the boxes.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2019, 05:32 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: You may not be aware, but there is a client-only version of EncorePro now that does not require SQL server... 

I'm confused.  When I go to the link in that post, it says, "(note:  Ver. 2.24 is the "full server" version for sleep centers who manage numerous patients.  This package also installs SQL Server onto your PC) "

While I'd like to be able to manage two patients, it isn't mandatory that I be able to do so, and I'm having a problem in Win10 that seems to originate with SQL Server - so if I can eliminate that component, I might be able to fix that problem.  Do you know what version of SQL Server EP 2.24 will install?  I'm currently running EP 2.20 which relies on SQL Server 2008 (10.3.5538).  Perhaps EP 2.24 uses a newer version of SQL Server that would both resolve this other problem, and allow me to track two patients?

Thank you for continuing to support all of this!
Mike

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2022, 09:14 AM)KSMike Wrote: I'm confused.  When I go to the link in that post, it says, "(note:  Ver. 2.24 is the "full server" version for sleep centers who manage numerous patients.  This package also installs SQL Server onto your PC) "

You resurrected a 2-year-old thread.  The information in this thread is no longer valid. 

The only EncorePro version now available is the one we currently offer in this thread.  It's the full server version.  The client-only version is no longer available.

I'll remove my post above so others don't make the same mistake.  Thanks.

By the way, unless you absolutely need EncorePro for some reason, we instead suggest using OSCAR, available here:
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
EncorePro is a very bloated and is not very user-friendly.  The only reason we offer it is if someone can't use OSCAR for some reason.

Alernatively, if you have a System One machine, you can use EncoreBasic, which does not require SQL Server at all:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2022, 12:15 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: You resurrected a 2-year-old thread.  The information in this thread is no longer valid. 

My apologies - I should’ve checked the thread date.

I’ve heard of SleepyHead, which last I knew had been abandoned by its author, but OSCAR is new to me.  What level of development resource is behind it?  Is it considered stable and fully functional?  I’ve always liked using Encore for the sole reason that any knowledgeable doctor looking at printed results will know the report is reliable.

I use a PR S1 still and my wife has a Dreamstation.  I’d like to be able to manage both on one PC but I could keep them separate if I have to.

Thank you again.
Mike

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR is the continuation of the SleepyHead project.  It has many refinements and can download the Dreamstation 2's data.  Encore can not read the newer Dreamstation 2's data files, because Philips has encrypted them.  Philips developed another software package that is unavailable to us mere mortals that can read the newer machine.   You can download OSCAR by either clicking on its name here in this post, or use the OSCAR link at the top of every page, in the black banner.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've installed OSCAR and am happy to see that it's much further along than SleepyHead had been. It appears to have some learning curve of course but that's OK.

In case anyone else finds themselves here related to a Windows 10/11 problem involving an error message at bootup, "The data area passed to a system call is too small" with references to iTunes, iCloud, and/or Intel Graphics - that is a long-known problem in Windows involving Microsoft SQL Server. In my case it appears to have been resolved by uninstalling EncorePro (which installs SQL Server 2008). I uninstalled SQL Server first, using Revo Uninstaller, then uninstalled EncorePro. So far, so good.

Thanks again, SuperSleeper and Crimson Nape!
Mike

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Error while installing OSCAR on Lenovo Chromebook Bodie 15 1,234 10-29-2023, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Bodie
  [split] Help installing OSCAR on Mac The Old Crock 4 590 01-08-2023, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Sabee
  Installing latest OSCAR on an old Windows PC Rcgop 8 822 07-17-2022, 09:08 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Installing Oscar v 1.3.0 in a different C drive folder from version Oscar 1.2.0. rumtap 7 1,596 03-15-2022, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Problems installing Encore Pro Chalkie 20 2,857 02-28-2022, 06:06 PM
Last Post: jpearson0525
  EncorePro 2.24 - Dream Station 2 Data Files Steve Dever 3 1,097 11-09-2021, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Steve Dever
  EncorePro 2 password locked [unlock utility in post #3] KSMike 33 13,666 03-15-2021, 06:30 AM
Last Post: Faruvaa

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.