Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Intellipap and sleepyhead
Intellipap and sleepyhead
Maybe I am missing something and folks who know better can help out.

My issue is getting Sleepyhead to work with an Intellipap machine. This is not a software, but hardware question. How do I get my data on an SD card from the Intellipap without spending mucho bucks on their proprietary hardware?

The Intellipap has an output jack that resembles the old PS/2 connector on PCs. To work with a card reader it needs to translate to a USB connector. I have an adapter for PS/2 to USB and a card reader, but the Intellipap will not recognize the card.

Deep in the dim corners of the net I found an entry that says SD cards for Intellipap need to be formatted in FAT16. So I tried that. No luck.

I notice Devilbiss sells just the card for less than the $100 they want for the reader, etc. Is there something proprietary in the Intellipap that it will only read those cards?

Will purchasing the card then allow me to work with Sleepyhead or I am I firmly in the clutches of the octopus?

Figured out the battery issue without resorting to expensive manufacturer alternatives. Is there a work-around for this one?

Thanks for your help!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Intellipap and sleepyhead
I just started using an Intellipap as well, and would like to get info too.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Intellipap and sleepyhead
I'm not 100% sure, but I THINK:

You MUST have the $100 "SmartLink Therapy Management Module".
I think any SD card should work.

It's REALLY unlikely that's a PS/2 port. I hope you haven't done any damage by plugging in the wrong device there. .

What DeVilbiss model do you have? Some of them don't record much useful information anyway. I don't have a good "spotting guide" for DeVilbiss CPAP machine identification. I've got some notes here, but I'm not really that familiar with them. I think they have the model name right above the display.

Dozer, is your machine an "IntelliPAP AutoAdjust?" "DeVilbiss Intel Lipa Auto CPAP with Smartflex" is confusing.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intellipap web page Thanassis 2 279 02-25-2024, 11:03 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  IntelliPAP 2 smartlink App jason333 21 5,992 05-06-2020, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Shorty
  DeVilbiss Intellipap Standard DV51D christay 2 1,006 01-25-2020, 05:50 AM
Last Post: christay
  Really Cool feature of Devilbiss Intellipap 2 Desktop Software dfstarman 6 2,058 09-02-2018, 09:51 AM
Last Post: dfstarman
Smile Intellipap 2 reporting dfstarman 4 1,979 08-31-2018, 11:49 AM
Last Post: dfstarman
  Devilbiss Intellipap 2 SD card not acknowledged by PC Shorty 2 3,265 10-10-2017, 10:52 AM
Last Post: sbradley02
  IntelliPAP AutoAdjust PAP's Smart Code quip 4 2,713 01-29-2017, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.