Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Interpreting Mask Pressure Waveform in Oscar
Question 
Interpreting Mask Pressure Waveform in Oscar
Hello CPAP Members, I have been using many suggestions from LankyLefty27 and have made major improvements in my overall sleep results. During the review of my nightly data there have been a few times where a waveform pattern is shown in the Mask Pressure chart using Oscar an I am not sure how to interpret it. Is it a snore, mask leak, or an obstruction in my airway?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Interpreting Mask Pressure Waveform in Oscar
Hi enjoysleep59!! - Welcome

What you are seeing is Resmed's Forced Oscillation Technique (FOT). This is a low level oscillation of air to determine if you are experiencing a CA or an OA. Think of it like a sonar signal. If no return, then you are probably having a CA, likewise, if it senses a response, then it is an OA.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Interpreting Mask Pressure Waveform in Oscar
Thank you for that information.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help interpreting the data Hopey 2 139 04-12-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Hopey
  Help interpreting my results (and hello!) mluck94 4 185 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: mluck94
  Back to CPAP for UARS, help interpreting graphs dcg494 2 222 04-02-2024, 08:58 AM
Last Post: dcg494
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 663 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera
  Do you think I should increase my pressure based on this OSCAR data? mallowsweet 24 1,612 03-29-2024, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Which is the most normal waveform? SingleH 9 330 03-26-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 230 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.