Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Interpreting O2 Data?
RE: Interpreting O2 Data?

.pdf   Overview_Dan_2021-07-28.pdf (Size: 177.2 KB / Downloads: 1)

Is the attachment what is meant by an F12?

I completed the final day of the test/ evaluation.  Night 5 O2 numbers were not as good as Night 4 but still the second best I have seen.  The Oscar results seem to say the same thing, I think.  Based on this I will go ahead and order a machine.  I'll probably have more questions when it arrives but in the mean time I will complete all of the recommended reading.

Thanks for this input.
Post Reply Post Reply
F12 refers to the keyboard key to press to take a screenshot.  Your statistic information, on the left side, is scrolled down.  You need to have it scrolled to the top, so it will provide helpful information.

Please review the links in my signature for more information on OSCAR and posting images here.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
How is this?

Thanks for all of this.  I have some reading to do.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=34215]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on getting the data in to OSCAR! As Factor said there's a lot of resources on the site here for understanding this information. Also the folks here are quite supportive and if you post the right data you'll get lots of advice on how to understand the data and things to try.

Day to day the top line number I look at is AHI. See how on Jul 26 you're at about 3? That means a lot fewer events than in previous days, that's great! I suspect that correlates directly with your O2 Ring data showing better oxygenation. Total Time in Apnea is another useful daily statistic. You can learn a whole lot more by looking at the detailed minute by minute data (the Flow Rate graph is key) but that's something you'll need to read about to understand.

You can import your O2Ring data in to OSCAR too; it's under Data / Import Viatom Data. Using that you can actually correlate minute by minute with breathing problems (on the Flow Rate chart) to oxygenation. Be aware that the two clocks aren't in sync so the graphs may not line up exactly.

I'm glad you were about to complete the CPAP trial and see some positive impact!
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure if this should be a new thread or added to this old thread.

I now have my own machine and have been using it for a few days.  I'm still getting used to the nose pillow so some leaks are really operator error.  I was getting a stuffy nose so did adjust the humidity from 4 to 2.  I'm reading and trying to understand the data.  My O2 numbers are much more consistent and the average is higher with no low drops.  Data should be attached and I have a few questions.
  1. Almost all of the events are CA.  Is that common?  What do the numbers mean when highlighting the CA event on the graph? 
  2. I notice that the pressure and flow are both low before the CA event is shown.  If the flow is low shouldn't the machine increase pressure?  Isn't that what it is supposed to do?  I also see a change in tidal volume at that time but don't understand how they are related.    
  3. The AHI numbers tend to be clustered together.  This one night is probably the most clustered.  Is that telling me something?
  4. Does the movement graph represent physical movement?  How does the machine sense that?
  5. Are there any recommendations?
Thanks,

Dan

.pdf   Daily_Dan_2021-09-04.pdf (Size: 575.66 KB / Downloads: 1)
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-15-2021, 03:38 PM)mcman56 Wrote: Thanks for this input.  I'll go see my doc today.

Believe it or not, I was all done by a sleep doc.  The same one.  When challenged he just said I could stop wearing the dental device if it was not helping.  I was quite shocked at his response.

It's never encouraging when you get an answer like that.  But the game may not be over.

I get you on the claustraphobia, so I am going to revisit the MADD, because I've worn a few before.  You've already bought it and I'm not certain you've maxed your options with it.

Your MADD should (ideally) have the ability to advance via adjustment mechanisms.  Glidwell and SomnaDent both have adjustment possibilities.  This adjustment is usually done slowly (months) and under supervision because when you put force on an object, that object applies force back.

If you haven't maxed out its advancement settings it means there's still opportunity for improvement.  If you have a MADD that doesn't have adjustable advancement then I think that's pretty poor of the physician, and you will need to rethink MADD vs CPAP.

Some people need to combine positional with MADD to get the best results.

I maxed my second MADD out at 12 mm advancement.  Then it wore out and I haven't repurchased one because (as you know) they can be more difficult to obtain than a CPAP.  When I revisited CPAP I went the bipap route to help me with the claustraphobic feelings.  I also went nasal inserts + chin strap and spent a lot of time during my days off just sitting in bed getting used to the fear (this is called exposure therapy in psych).  I get along with it much better now.  That's my story for what its worth.   Eat-popcorn

Hope it helps you out.

Sleep well.

EDIT:  Well I am late to the party.  Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 99 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help interpreting iMatrix resvent Data Adamby1047 0 97 03-16-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Adamby1047
  Interpreting Oscar values SleepingTight 0 139 03-10-2024, 06:53 PM
Last Post: SleepingTight
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,034 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 767 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 471 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61
Gross Need help interpreting data and making adjustments tiredandexpired 13 583 03-01-2024, 10:07 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.