Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Interpreting first graph
Interpreting first graph
Hello everyone,

I was recently perscribed a CPAP (ResMed AirSense 11 ELITE) and discovered this forum short after. I ordered and SD card and tracked my results for the first time and attached them below. While this is only 1 days results and I am still getting used to having a pillow mask on all night, is there anything I can read out of these graphs to optimize? Thanks for any feed back.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Interpreting first graph
Hi maarij,

Welcome to ApneaBoard!

Although your Screenshot shows that you are using an AirSense 11 AutoSet,
your profile and your post state AirSense 11 Elite.

Please correct or update your profile.

Thanks! Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for clarifying that. I was a bit confused because the manual said autoset elite so I thought it was both. I have updated my profile to reflect that it is autoset.
Post Reply Post Reply
Attaching second set of graphs as I did not realize I could scroll down when making the first post.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your 95% Flow limitation reading of .12 is higher than we like to see.
The Flow Limitation is what causes your pressure to rise to 15cm (maximum set), and can cause sleep disruptions.

And where you see Flow Limitations, you usually see Hypopnea. To help with this, we advise the use of EPR. I suggest trying EPR 3.

In order to receive full benefit of EPR 3, your minimum pressure of 5cm should be raised closer to what your median pressure shows.

If you're willing, make the following changes:

Set Minimum pressure to 8cm.
Keep Maximum pressure at 15cm.
Set EPR to 3 (Full Time).

Try for a night or two and repost.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the clear an concise explanations and instructions. I have updated it to the following settings:

Set Minimum pressure to 8cm.
Keep Maximum pressure at 15cm.
Set EPR to 3 (Full Time).

I will post an update after two nights. I have also attached an picture of the sleep study results to compare against in future updates.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have included an updated screenshot of my latest night's sleep. My flow limit has dropped by a half in the attached screenshot and has been a third on other nights. Discussing with my provider, she stated that having 0 AHI is very rare so the AHI I average now seems good compared to 16 in the sleep study. I am not sure if there is much else to be improved upon so please weigh in if you can interpret the graphs better than me.

Even though I only slept for about 5 hours, I felt well rested and felt that I actually got sleep after waking up. Needing a 30m or so nap in the middle of the day still feels like a necessity. Using a p10 mask, the hose that goes down the bottom of the face can get annoying sometimes. I believe my sleep time can improve further once I get more accustomed to sleeping with a mask. At my 3 month mark, I can get an AirFit N30i (nose cradle and tubing out the top) to compare its comfort.

I will be receiving an Oura ring this week. I understand that the ring's ability to track sleep is not perfect but is considered to be one of the best on the consumer market. It will be interesting to graph my sleep cycles and see if sp02 drops compared to what was documented in the initial sleep study.

Post Reply Post Reply
Everything looks good!  Stay with these settings for a few days to see if this is a trend.

Your provider is correct in saying that an AHI of zero is rare.  It is nice to see, but I feel that the most important thing is comfort and how you feel the next day.  

In time, you may want to wean yourself off the ramp feature, or at least set the ramp closer to your minimum pressure instead of starting at 4cm.  Sometimes, that can cause an "air starved" feeling.

Your median pressure in this chart is around 9cm.  So I would set my ramp to start at
6cm.  Just more of a comfort thing.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help interpreting the data Hopey 2 134 04-12-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Hopey
  Help interpreting my results (and hello!) mluck94 4 179 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: mluck94
  Back to CPAP for UARS, help interpreting graphs dcg494 2 217 04-02-2024, 08:58 AM
Last Post: dcg494
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 658 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 223 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help interpreting iMatrix resvent Data Adamby1047 0 181 03-16-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Adamby1047
  Interpreting Oscar values SleepingTight 0 189 03-10-2024, 06:53 PM
Last Post: SleepingTight

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.