Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Interrupted readings, leakage
RE: Interrupted readings, leakage
others might be more specific but go the top of this page and click on Wiki. lot's to read and learn.
Post Reply Post Reply
Used full mask last night.  Near zero leaks, so I guess the mouth breathing is my issue.  The mask didn’t bother me, but AHI was higher at 5.

Hmm.  Also, gurgling noises and water in the mask.  Do I turn back the humidity and/or up he temp?
Post Reply Post Reply
Changing from a nasal to full-face mask requires a change in the mask type on the machine. Go to the clinical menu and navigate to Settings | Mask and select Full Face. You may also need to increase the pressures just a bit.

The water in the tube is called rain-out and is a nuisance. You can adjust humidity and temperature or do what I do and set climate control to Auto. Then you just set the temperature to your most comfortable level and the machine automatically manages the humidity level.
Post Reply Post Reply
Clear airway apnea
Are clear airway apneas the same as central apneas?

These are worse?
Post Reply Post Reply
"Clear airway" is a bit of a CYA term which includes central apneas but can also include other events which are in effect false positives. Some people tend to get them a lot while transitioning from wakefulness to sleep and back. Moving around in bed, holding your breath or just not breathing for a little while can all be registered as central or clear airway events.

A true central apnea occurs when the "breathe now" signal from the brain to the diaphragm is either not generated or not received. This is often seen in new CPAP users until their system gets used to the lower blood CO2 levels, and usually just goes away after a while. Sometimes central are linked to other conditions (eg congestive heart failure) or the use of various drugs.

Provided the number and duration of the central apneas is not excessive they are probably less damaging than obstructive apneas. However they can be harder to control, with many people requiring ASV type machines - expensive and a lot of medical hoops to jump through.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great info, that data point is trending down.  You mentioned maybe upping pressure full mask.  I had AHI 6 last night , still max pressure 15 as set with nasal pillow.  What level do you recommend?

Very much appreciate your insight.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2019, 10:02 AM)Commodore Wrote: Great info, that data point is trending down.  You mentioned maybe upping pressure full mask.  I had AHI 6 last night , still max pressure 15 as set with nasal pillow.  What level do you recommend?

Very much appreciate your insight.

You could try increasing the max by 1 cm, but that's really a guess. I think at this stage we need to see an OSCAR daily chart. Oscar provides the necessary high resolution information required to fine tune your settings.

Oscar program: https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

Oscar installation: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...stallation

Oscar help: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...OSCAR_Help

Organising your charts and take a screen shot: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Attach your image to a post: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the Oscar reports, but can’t get screen shots to save or download files.  Are the links you provided for downloading reports?
Post Reply Post Reply
The link for organising your charts also shows how to take the screenshot and includes a link to how to post the image. I'll add that link to the previous post so you have the full set.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello again, when I try to do the screenshot all that comes over is user profile page, not the data.  Any insight?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 136 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 155 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 540 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 763 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 306 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 449 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 175 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.