Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40
Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40
Anyone know how long until this will be available to patients? 

ResMed launches the AirFit F40, an ultra-compact full-face mask designed to enhance sleep apnea therapy by combining comfort with effectiveness. The mask features a soft silicone AdaptiSeal™ cushion, providing a secure seal and comfort for users. The U.S. launch aims to improve therapy compliance for individuals with sleep apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40
I have used the airfit F30 since it 1st came out with great succes. I will definitely try it when it is available.
One thing that I see on the F40 that I dont like is the headgear. It has no adjustment on top of the head, so as it streches it will became loose.

On the F30, I used the headgear from a Philips Amara View because it sat on my head better and it was more durable.
Post Reply Post Reply
This new mask incorporates the hybrid compact design of the F30i with a more secure headgear and front tube. That may take care of the problem where the headgear flexes with changes in pressure support. Resmed's description:

Quote:Less is more with ResMed's smallest tube-down full face mask. 2 Whether you're new to PAP therapy, or just looking for a new mask, AirFit F40 may be perfect for you if you need the performance of a full face mask but want the comfort of an UltraCompact design. The low-profile, soft silicone AdaptiSeal™ cushion adapts to your face, helping provide comfort all night long.

AirFit™ F40 is a minimal-contact full face mask that rests softly yet securely under your nose and is designed to let you sleep in any position and move freely throughout the night.

MrIvanDrago, the time between announcement and distribution can be about 4 to 6 weeks, but no promises. If you want one, the best thing would be to place a pre-order with one of the bigger online DME suppliers. You will have to call for this, and you can still use discount codes with places like Supplier #1. They will show up in the online suppliers several months before you start seeing them distributed through the regular DME channels.

[Image: healthcare-professionals-airfit-f40-airf...t-view.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just saw some shorts from Resmed and they specifically said to use pillows as the setting for the F40?
Post Reply Post Reply
Can anyone say how the shape between the nostrils of the new F40 differs from the F30? It it perhaps a bit straighter from nostril to nostril? I love the F30 concept but invariably return to my F20 because of leaks during the night. I think my F30 leaks between the nostrils as I move around.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the F30 and didn't like it because there is a strip dividing the holes for the nostrils and had problems with leaks.  Does the F40 have this dividing strip also.  I'm currently using the F & P Evora FFM and like it better than the F30.  The Evora leaks but not as bad.  I find the Evora less gimmicky.  The F30 has magnet clips and spring like clips on the air hose attachment to the mask.  The Evora uses snap clips on the mask and the hose just snaps into the mask.  Haven't had a problem with these coming undone.
Post Reply Post Reply
No one knows anything about the F40. I don't even know if the nasal cushion is pillows or like the N30 cradle.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I texted some of the online suppliers from the supplier list. Apperently some of them with start selling them on Monday. The selection might be limited. I will probably order one.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was able to order the new F40 through Supplier #1 and I was able to get 25 % off. I guess my life is rather sad when I look forward to getting a new improved cpap mask. Oh well, such is life.
Post Reply Post Reply
Suppliers 1, 26, and 30 have google shopping ads at present, likely there will be more soon.

There’s some additional information regarding this mask at the ResMed site.

Also, the ResMed, CPAP Reviews and other YouTube channels have some videos.
Geoffrey Rush as Philip Henslowe, (Shakespeare in Love) "I don't know. It's a mystery."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need new mask - AirFit P10 AfibApnea 9 232 7 hours ago
Last Post: Weld3z
  Airfit P10 nasal pillow+tube > Resmed S11 heated tubing, which adapter? NightOwl42 8 291 07-25-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  ResMed F40 AirFit mask Big Guy 36 1,183 07-14-2024, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Equipment] Help me pick the right Airfit F40 size, please! UKFan643 4 316 06-20-2024, 02:59 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Equipment] AirFit F30i Full Face Mask Rodgui 6 428 06-09-2024, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Rodgui
  Those who tried Airfit P10 nasal pillows, plz help 40plus 14 693 06-03-2024, 12:52 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Has anyone tried the AirTouch N20 after using the AirFit N20 cushion? jake79 3 343 05-29-2024, 10:45 AM
Last Post: jake79

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.