Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Introduction- and Journey
RE: Introduction- and Journey
So now I’m at lunch (I know my schedule is awful this year) and I feel really energized, haven’t felt tired all morning and on a rainy, gloomy day like we are having today I usually do.

I talked with my sister who could hear me snoring in her bedroom before and she said that I was really quiet last night.

So let’s see where we go from here.
Post Reply Post Reply
It doesn't get much better than that. Your excellent results show you both tolerate and enjoy the EPR. I'd like to remove some of the remaining flow limitation by increasing minimum pressure to 7.0 and EPR to 3. This will NOT raise your pressure, which was at a median of 7.7 cm. The greater difference between inhale and exhale pressure should push down the flow limits and reduce the increase in pressure like you had at 22:00. If you find this change to be less comfortable in any way, please feel free to revert to these original settings, but I think it should work out fine.

It is fairly common to awaken early and feel very good following your initial CPAP experience, especially with results like this. It would be great if that continues, but don't be disappointed if awakening eventually feels pretty routine, it is a normal part of adapting to the therapy. The new normal will be better than the old normal.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd take that any day
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2020, 10:14 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: It doesn't get much better than that. Your excellent results show you both tolerate and enjoy the EPR.  I'd like to remove some of the remaining flow limitation by increasing minimum pressure to 7.0 and EPR to 3.  This will NOT raise your pressure, which was at a median of 7.7 cm.  The greater difference between inhale and exhale pressure should push down the flow limits and reduce the increase in pressure like you had at 22:00.  If you find this change to be less comfortable in any way, please feel free to revert to these original settings, but I think it should

Sounds good Sleeprider- I’ll try those out tonight and post tomorrow morning. 

What’s the opinion on ramp? Should I set the bottom of my ramp to the minimum pressure? 

I know it’s not the best sleep hygiene but sometimes I watch a show while drifting off to sleep. 

Oh and GO TEAM! I can’t imagine what my first night would have been like if I had a constant of 11 and didn’t have y’all’s support.
Post Reply Post Reply
Most of the "pros" here do not use a ramp. Try it without and see.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the successful first night. Hope you have many more just as good.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night went well in my opinion.  Still early, but because I am on my computer I figured I'd upload my data.  I think I need to increase my humidity tonight, I woke up with my sinuses feeling a bit dry/sore.  Maybe that's only because I don't think I've had 10 hours of solid sleep in a long time.  OR it could be getting used to the machine.

I'm going to have to figure out something for the tube- my cat was less scared and more inquisitive of it, especially this morning when he likes to try to wake me up by being a troll. He started batting it about 7:30am, I'm glad I have the style on the top of my head, made it slightly less noticeable. 

I did turn off ramp, and that was better because it felt like I got a good amount of air, so much so that I fell asleep while watching my show with my glasses on, and didn't wake until 5:30.

The stats indicate another great night of sleep. I don't expect perfection, I expect to feel good, and so far I do.

Post Reply Post Reply
It's great to see things going so well for you! I hope your cat will get bored before long....
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are not already I do suggest a hose cozie for protection from your cat. Otherwise continue. Make sure you have a roll of tape for emergency repairs to the hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fleece hose covers are not only protective, they are more comfortable against your skin than the plastic tube, and quiet things down. I have used them since I started therapy long ago. Bonus, it looks a lot less medical.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 2 167 04-21-2024, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Abrecaminos
  [Pressure] TiredButNotCranky's CPAP journey TiredButNotCranky 6 187 04-18-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,661 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 1,016 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,442 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  Dr. Steven Park details his UARS journey gainerfull 3 677 12-18-2023, 12:01 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  Twobigwheels - CPAP Therapy Journey Twobigwheels 34 1,360 11-27-2023, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.