Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Inverse I:E or Incorrect Reported Times?
RE: Inverse I:E or Incorrect Reported Times?
Sleeprider,
 I see my Doctor in 3 weeks and will make a case for a Aircurve through medicare. Right now I am in the 3  months medicare compliance for the Airsense. 
I will do my best to state my case and hopefully the doctor will do what he has to for me the use the Aircurve. 

Thanks for the help, for Oscar and the Apnea Board.

car54
Post Reply Post Reply
Dormeo any ideas as to why you believe your Vauto is more accurate? Maybe can see that breath waveform was different etc?

If a person used a vauto and autoset at the same settings (say same set pressure, same PS) it should be clear whether or not the machines calculate/report their information differently(if the breathing waveforms appear the same but give different numbers) or if the timing controls such as Timin influence the breathing wave form so significantly that any oscillations etc become less of a factor.
Post Reply Post Reply
Geer1,
this is more difficult than it seems because you will never have the exact same breathing pattern when done at different times.
CPAP vendors do exactly this by using a breath simulator dummy and thus can run the identical simulation on multiple machines and rigidly compare the results.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm attaching a sample from the Airsense 10 Autset days, a sample from the VAuto days, and the I and E "Everything" charts from Overview.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed VAuto single beep at times? k888 4 146 04-08-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: k888
  Irregular flow rate 3 or 4 times a night showing in OSCAR Provolone 4 459 02-21-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Provolone
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 249 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wrong times on my OSCAR graphs Steve P 1 483 07-16-2023, 06:25 PM
Last Post: David Clark
  Incorrect usage report Resmed Airsense 11 hydra 0 749 07-06-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: hydra
  Can someone plea look at this, woke up several times feeling breathless with AHI of 0 Phil487 3 729 07-01-2023, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Phil487
  Can someone look at this, I woke up a couple times last night Phil487 0 442 06-21-2023, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Phil487

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.